ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV v New Mexico

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
It is really a sad season when we are totally ignoring UNLV on game day. It is really hard to get into athletics with everything going on and no fans involved in the games. UNLV is winning by more than 20! That is about it!

It’s not just UNLV sports, I watched maybe 3 CFB,0 bowl games,1 NFL game 1 CBB, and 0 NBA games. I just can’t get into it.
For sure. I expected it across the board and that’s what we’ve seen. Of course they’ll get it back at some point. But I think they’ve probably lost a few with politics. And maybe some people will realize they can live without sports, or at least reprioritize. Some will come back even stronger because they’ve missed it.

Not that anyone really cares, but before the season started I commented that sports is dead to me during the pandemic. I'm glad they won, but I dont have engagement in it. Hoping the vaccines are all rolled out and we can watch some sports like regular people this fall.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I would never touch the vaccine. Already way too many side effects, and without a history of testing, you are gambling with your health.

I would never touch the vaccine. Already way too many side effects, and without a history of testing, you are gambling with your health.
Right now, I’m not liking the side effect profile of other Moderna or Pfizer. There are risks with every single vaccine so that there are side effects isn’t a problem for me. But right now, these are more frequent and some more severe than even a standard flu vaccine. I’m still waiting for the data to come in and I’ll wait on J&J’s studies.

The validation process was very remiss. They fast tracked it, but they sacrificed certainty in doing that.

I don’t like anything EUA. EUA means Emergency Use Authorization which really means don’t worry if it’s good or shitty, preliminary data looks ok, just go ahead and run with it as is.

I got one test EUA in my lab (the antibody testing which tells you whether you HAD it in the past). It was EUA. But I tossed EUA. People can wait a couple/three weeks. I’m going to fully validate it so I have certainty before I start giving results.

EUA is garbage. It’s a chance for people to cash in quickly on bad tests and they know it.

I’d also feel much safer if pharma was responsible for compensation with death and injury due to vax.

Reactions: Rebel1986
I got the first step of the vaccine (Moderna) on Saturday. So far no side effects other than I was really tired the next day. Other than that I haven't noticed anything out aofoa ;la opqaoiejtoio9o 99aol;wnltnngl.co... I feel perfectly apapoiwe;okn opajpe joapoelkjf of0a-0a

Monday night national tv game on fs1 and rebs were horrible. At least they won. Jenkins does not have much quickness or lift, he has trouble getting a decent shot off. The others in much the same boat. Ball almost never goes inside to out where the shooters get some space and time for a decent 3 point attempt. I saw hope in the Colorado st games. Huge back step last night.

Reactions: Trax0r
It would be easier to play more inside out if we could count on Diong to catch the ball.

Right now, I’m not liking the side effect profile of other Moderna or Pfizer. There are risks with every single vaccine so that there are side effects isn’t a problem for me. But right now, these are more frequent and some more severe than even a standard flu vaccine. I’m still waiting for the data to come in and I’ll wait on J&J’s studies.

The validation process was very remiss. They fast tracked it, but they sacrificed certainty in doing that.

I don’t like anything EUA. EUA means Emergency Use Authorization which really means don’t worry if it’s good or shitty, preliminary data looks ok, just go ahead and run with it as is.

I got one test EUA in my lab (the antibody testing which tells you whether you HAD it in the past). It was EUA. But I tossed EUA. People can wait a couple/three weeks. I’m going to fully validate it so I have certainty before I start giving results.

EUA is garbage. It’s a chance for people to cash in quickly on bad tests and they know it.

I’d also feel much safer if pharma was responsible for compensation with death and injury due to vax.

I got the Moderna vaccine a week ago. It made my arm sore, gave me a fever and chills, and I was generally achy for a day. It felt a lot like when I was sick with Covid back in March. Other people at my work just got mild effects like arm soreness, but then again Covid sent me to the hospital for 2 months so I guess I just don't react well to anything Covid-related. Not looking forward to the 2nd dose but at least I took the day off now that I know what to expect.

Aren’t you gambling with your health if you don’t take it and greatly increase your chances of getting a virus that has killed over 400,000 people and hospitalized many more? The virus has side effects too besides death; I know people that have been in the hospital.

Personally I’m young enough and take good enough care of myself that I’m confident I’ll be fine. Although maybe I’d get sick and that would be a huge annoyance. But I know people that are obese, have diabetes and/or are elderly and I wouldn’t want to give them the virus.

Aren’t you gambling with your health if you don’t take it and greatly increase your chances of getting a virus that has killed over 400,000 people and hospitalized many more? The virus has side effects too besides death; I know people that have been in the hospital.

Personally I’m young enough and take good enough care of myself that I’m confident I’ll be fine. Although maybe I’d get sick and that would be a huge annoyance. But I know people that are obese, have diabetes and/or are elderly and I wouldn’t want to give them the virus.
99.97% survival is the latest number. Long covid is as much as a thing as long RSV, long influenza, long EBV. It’s nothing new.

400k deaths. If we used “died with H1N1” in 2009 as we do with Covid now, do you realize 2009 would have had over 500k H1N1 deaths? You probably don’t realize that and you shouldn’t. But as much as this was a pandemic, it was an absolute misinformationdemic too.

Ive known many who have had covid, some worse than others, most mild though. I have known of one death. But I’ve known far more impacted by being afraid to go to the doctor because of covid or because drs weren’t seeing people (1 death, one fighting one cancer stage later than she Should have). Many broke families. So much carnage. On an infodemic that was far worse than a pandemic.

Soon, cases will drop dramatically. For several reasons. One being a minor laboratory tweak that was known 10 months ago, but it was ignored intentionally ... sounds like the WHO is ready now to have analyzers dial things down. The high cts served whatever purpose they intended it for.

* cases will also drop because of vaccine and such a high infection and recovery rate that yields immunity. In addition to the lab tweak.

99.97% survival is the latest number. Long covid is as much as a thing as long RSV, long influenza, long EBV. It’s nothing new.

400k deaths. If we used “died with H1N1” in 2009 as we do with Covid now, do you realize 2009 would have had over 500k H1N1 deaths? You probably don’t realize that and you shouldn’t. But as much as this was a pandemic, it was an absolute misinformationdemic too.

Ive known many who have had covid, some worse than others, most mild though. I have known of one death. But I’ve known far more impacted by being afraid to go to the doctor because of covid or because drs weren’t seeing people (1 death, one fighting one cancer stage later than she Should have). Many broke families. So much carnage. On an infodemic that was far worse than a pandemic.

Soon, cases will drop dramatically. For several reasons. One being a minor laboratory tweak that was known 10 months ago, but it was ignored intentionally ... sounds like the WHO is ready now to have analyzers dial things down. The high cts served whatever purpose they intended it for.

* cases will also drop because of vaccine and such a high infection and recovery rate that yields immunity. In addition to the lab tweak.
How can the survival rate be 99.97%? There are around 330 million Americans. 400,000+ have died. That is more than 1 death for each thousand Americans. The survival rate, assuming EVERY AMERICAN aleady had Covid-19 would be less than 99.9%. And that number will get smaller smaller as more people die. Just today, there were over 4000 new victims of COVID-19.

How can the survival rate be 99.97%? There are around 330 million Americans. 400,000+ have died. That is more than 1 death for each thousand Americans. The survival rate, assuming EVERY AMERICAN aleady had Covid-19 would be less than 99.9%. And that number will get smaller smaller as more people die. Just today, there were over 4000 new victims of COVID-19.
Sorry, 99.79 for my age group. Typo. Apologies.

Do you realize, if we used the same definitions and categorizations for H1N1 in 2009 as we do with Covid now, we’d have over 500K H1N1 deaths in 2009-2010 due to “died with”?

This thing will end being closest to the 57/58 and 69 pandemics … zero fear. Low priority. At least according to my dad, you may have different recollections.

A lot of funny math, a ton of liberties … incredibly inappropriate testing (trust me, I know, it’s what I do) and the silly, first time conjured up “significant asymptomatic spread” was the rocket fuel to carry this out. The media was the rocket. I called it out very early because nothing passed the smell test. 2+2 = 4, not 5.

Im not saying the virus doesn’t exist, I know it does. I’ve seen it kill. I know of one person and a hospital worker. Many I know were positive. The very vast majority shrugged it off easily. But I’ve seen the numbers in the hospital. I‘m not denying it.

But the reaction, the national and worldwide reaction? So fn far off it’s nothing short of criminal and insane. The collateral damage from reaction will take more of a toll than the virus.

You can call it bullshit and that’s fine. The media has been incredibly persistent and unified, so I understand not contemplating anything aside from doomsday as an option. I’ve experienced that with family and friends, scared to move. It was very powerful and effective messaging. So media was effective and overwhelmed true science and replaced it with “the science”, a catch all phrase that never cites real peer reviewed data, if you‘ve noticed. Instead, “the science“ is “trust us, we are experts“.

You’ll see changes coming soon. To how we test and how we define COVID deaths. Combined with the natural seasonality of coronaviruses, acquired immunity from the very high recovery rate, vaccinations … “cases” will drop, “Covid deaths” will drop … we will credit the “100 days of masks” (useless) and a new administration for “curing Covid”.

I don’t give a shit about politics, they’re all criminals that don’t care about all but about 0.001% of Americans, we are expendable pawns to these criminals.

I do care about the science though. And they butchered it and experts intentionally butchered it. And that’s embarrassing to me. And it was easy to see pretty early after some of the dust started to settle.

You’re a scientist. Doesn't matter that it’s a different field. But as a scientist, if something doesn’t add up, don’t you dig deeper? Don’t you try to find answers and continually ask why? How? That’s the way my mind worked way before I was a scientist. Before I was in sixth grade, I think. If you can’t understand that, I don’t know what to tell you. But I’ll continue to ask and search for answers, I’ll rely on observation and some critical thinking.

We‘ve built the most monumental event of most of our lifetimes and its foundation is a series of false premises. That’s what I’ve seen so far.

PS - what happened to the flu? RSV? Mycoplasma? Other respiratory bugs? I’ll be damned if we haven’t seen single case during the low or high season. It’s another thing that makes ZERO sense to me.

Reactions: Trax0r and billd99s

As I said, I’m not worried about myself, but I do know people in higher risk categories that I could pass it on too. I would take a vaccine to protect those people as much as I would take it to protect myself.

What’s the survival rate for the vaccine vs. Covid? People freak out when someone faints and then wakes up and later feels fine. Long Covid sounds worse than that.

A lot of people are just afraid of vaccines in general. I’ve seen people argue they would rather get measles than take a vaccine for it.

I’m surprised free speech is allowed on here. I’m using to seeing fact checkers, mentions about comments being disputed (by whom?), deleted comments, and even bans and suspensions because of “misinformation.”

As I said, I’m not worried about myself, but I do know people in higher risk categories that I could pass it on too. I would take a vaccine to protect those people as much as I would take it to protect myself.

What’s the survival rate for the vaccine vs. Covid? People freak out when someone faints and then wakes up and later feels fine. Long Covid sounds worse than that.

A lot of people are just afraid of vaccines in general. I’ve seen people argue they would rather get measles than take a vaccine for it.
I understand that part of it and don't blame you. Everyone has their own unique circumstances. I just think it should be a choice and so far, that's what it is. If it's forced, I do have a problem. And that a recovery isn't being considered the equivalent of a vax, no, I don't like that. At all. With a recovery, your body produces a wider ranges of antibodies vs the virus than the vax. They say "well we don't know how long you have protection after the infection" - yeah, they're right, we don't, but we don't know it for the vax either so what makes us think that something we mass produce is going be better than millions of years of evolution? If the virus evades our own protection through effective mutations, it'll evade the vax protection too. Further, take a very close relative, SARS-Cov-1 ... recovered people are still immune to it 17 years later through cell mediated immunity.

I'm not super worried so far, all vaxxes have risks. That some people aren't feeling good after the shot ... it's to be expected. It's going to be the frequency, especially the frequency with the more adverse effects, that I'm looking at. And true efficacy, not stated efficacy. True is always lower since they hand pick pretty damn perfect candidates for trial.

I'm not afraid of vaxxes, the science behind them is rock solid. The manufacture of and big pharma, yeah, I'm leery.

I’m surprised free speech is allowed on here. I’m using to seeing fact checkers, mentions about comments being disputed (by whom?), deleted comments, and even bans and suspensions because of “misinformation.”
Free speech has been rule 1 here since we started. Still some boundaries with it. But for a difference of opinion .... it's free speech. Some people have fought against that here, they want differing opinions squashed - not happening. A wide range of ideas are always welcome.

Back to that game which was once played and discussed on this site! They have a game tonight that should be an easy 50 point win. It is really time to get rid of these cannon fodder games, but at least they SHOULD be 5-6 after tonights game. If we have a game thread for the game it will read. We had a game, UNLV won.

Given the circumstances, you cannot be too mad about adding these 2 extra fluffy cupcake games. They lost a month multiple OOC games, and maybe some conference games if they cannot figure out a way to make them up.

You need games and you get who you can get. Playing an overmatched opponent is better than practicing against yourselves.

This year is such a weird, kind of placeholder year. When we added these games we were already eliminated from any at large conversation, so it's not about padding the record. It's about playing a new bunch of dudes to make up for a month of lost games and practices.

Last edited:
Given the circumstances, you cannot be too mad about adding these 2 extra fluffy cupcake games. They lost a month multiple OOC games, and maybe some conference games if they cannot figure out a way to make them up.

You need games and you get who you can get. Playing an overmatched opponent is better than practicing against yourselves.

This year is such a weird, kind of placeholder year. When we added these games we were already eliminated from any at large conversation, so it's not about padding the record. It's about playing a new said of dudes to make up for a month of lost games and practices.
I don’t blame them though they sucked to watch. What was worse was Munchies usually had 2 or 3 of these every season to try and fool people with a win total.

When you see that regularly and during normal circumstances, you know you’re dealing with a complete fraud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT