ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV - US News Tier 1 University

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
The 2021 National University Rankings came out and UNLV is tier 1 for the first time. Last year we were in the second tier ranking (somewhere between #293-381) now we’re listed as the #258 best university in the country. May not sound like much but this is a huge accomplishment. The rise UNLV has made over the last decade is impressive.

Agreed that the academic progress the school has made has been pretty incredible - even since i've graduated 15 years ago. But it means nothing until we are ranked higher than that other school in Nevada.

Reactions: RebNReno
This has to help if the Pac-12 or Big-12 decide to expand and come calling, Correct ?
Probably not for the PAC but for the Big12 we’re starting to get closer to that Texas Tech and West Virginia level. I think we’re almost to the point where our academics would be considered acceptable if our football program suddenly became great. A decade ago UNLV would have been a non-starter among Big12 Presidents because of academics even if we had a Boise State football program.

Reactions: RebelMan5000
Probably not for the PAC but for the Big12 we’re starting to get closer to that Texas Tech and West Virginia level. I think we’re almost to the point where our academics would be considered acceptable if our football program suddenly became great. A decade ago UNLV would have been a non-starter among Big12 Presidents because of academics even if we had a Boise State football program.
Getting rid of Hey Reb helps too, right?? Lol

How long before Utah, SDSU, SJSU, etc. all are forced to follow political correct name changes?
May as well include Notre Dame. Unlike Sparta, there are still a few Irish folks around to be offended (not that our skin is that thin).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT