ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV @ Colorado State

Rod_the_Rebel

UNLV Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hey... new poster, long time follower. I'm a perpetually optimistic/current UNLV student and lover of all things Rebel. I'm sad at how quiet it is on here so I thought I would start a thread. I keep things short and sweet. We win by double digits. Go Rebs.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Considering how UNLV has done at CSU the last few years, any win would be huge for coach Menzies and the team!

Hey... new poster, long time follower. I'm a perpetually optimistic/current UNLV student and lover of all things Rebel. I'm sad at how quiet it is on here so I thought I would start a thread. I keep things short and sweet. We win by double digits. Go Rebs.
Welcome Rod the Rebel. I'm a Alumna and an eternal optimist. I like Coach Menzies and I like watching this team progress. As long as I see improvement & effort I am happy. What this team needs more than anything is our support. Show up at all the home games if you can & be loud.

Reactions: RebelScrub
The Rebels can win this game. One thing they MUST do is make their free-throws. Had they done so vs Kansas they could have actually been in the game. A truly pathetic 10-for-24, 41.7%, just won't do.

This team is quite puzzling when it comes to the charity stripe. They've had games like CS-Riverside where they went 16-17, 94.1% and W Ky 10-12, 83.3% and CS-Fullerton, 26-32, 81.3%. On the other hand they've had games like Kansas, and S Alabama, 4-9, 44.4%. 50% vs Duke.

So what's the answer? I'd say nerves vs Duke and Kansas, but South Alabama? And poor showings at Southern Utah, so I'm just not sure. Whatever the reason, it needs to be addressed. So concentrate guys, and there's no reason why we can't come back with a win to start the conference campaign.'

Go Rebels!

giphy.gif

If the last 5 losses were mostly because of poor coaching (considering we had top 15 recruiting classes), and if you agree Menzies is a better coach....then I would say we have a better chance of winning tonight vs the last several seasons - it depends on if you trust the coaching staff to get the boys a W when it comes down to the wire. Rice failed several times at this. Not sure Menzies has really been tested at this level yet.

Well, The Rebels played a nice 17 minutes. They were up by seven with two-plus minutes left in the first half. They were then outscored by an obscene 25-3 over the last couple of minutes and the first five of the second half. It was ugly.

I'm not sure what Coach Menzies could have done to stop the turnovers and poor shots. It was a sad display. Back to the drawing board for a visit from the Wyoming Cowboys. Let's hope they can fashion a more complete game at the T&M...

Go Rebels!

logo.png

Watching the Rebs get drummed by a scrub team like CSU is tough. We looked confused and undisciplined on both ends of the court for the vast majority of the game.

Call it what it is, very little positive I can take from that effort.

Baxter can play. That's positive.

It seems that being up decent points and then imploding is a recurring theme for us no matter the roster. Baxter will be a beast very soon...you can tell he's a freak athlete like Derrick Jones Jr. Just tweak him a bit and he could be unstoppable in a few years if he sticks around.

There was a game?
Yeah. Pretty bad. Looked like UNLV could run away with it. Up around 9 and CSU wasn't doing anything particularly well. Neither team defended the entire game, UNLV shot well early. Seemed like if they would have just buckled down and gained some focus, UNLV could have won by double digits. But with a couple of minutes left in the first half, UNLV imploded with turnovers, no D, bad shot selection... and CSU went on a big run and led going into half.

Second half mimicked the last three minutes of the first half and it snowballed on the Rebels. No swag, no confidence, a lot of one on one hero ball, no defense. Bad ingredients when you are trying to win a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT