ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV announces

So season ticket holders get jack shat? Yeah let’s sell them to visiting fans for top dollar and screw our lifelong loyal fans. What a joke. Well at least the athletic department will make some coin.

Dear Rebel Athletic Fund Members,

Following the Governor’s announcement today we have submitted plans to host a limited number of fans in Allegiant Stadium for UNLV Football this fall.

This opportunity is governed by strict guidelines designed to ensure the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches and you, our loyal and dedicated Rebel Athletic Fund members. The plans we have submitted are subject to approval from state and local officials.

Today’s decision also stipulates that attendance will equate to no more than 10% of Allegiant Stadium’s capacity. This restriction means that we will not be able to accommodate all who purchased season-tickets for this 2020 UNLV Football season.

Consequently, non-premium tickets for the 2020 season will be sold on an individual game basis. If you are a current 2020 season ticket holder, we have three options to offer you designed with gratitude for your steadfast support in mind.

Foremost, you can apply your 2020 season ticket payment to 2021 as a credit, and retain your exact same seat for the 2021 season. Secondly, you can choose to make your 2020 season ticket payment a Momentum Fund donation, and retain your exact same seat for 2021.

You also have the option of requesting a full refund.

Premium seating options will continue to be sold on a season-long basis (suites, VVIP Club Seats and Loge Boxes). Expect additional information on premium seating from the Rebel Athletic Fund in the coming days. Of course, please contact RAF with immediate questions or concerns at rebelathleticfund@unlv.edu or 702.895.1533.

For now, take time to celebrate a positive step in the return of your Rebels as we initiate the Marcus Arroyo era of UNLV Football in our new home, Allegiant Stadium! Trust that your invaluable support, seen through the success of the Momentum Fund, is the source of our confidence and conviction as we approach the start of this historic season.

Thank you for inspiring our resolve and for the countless ways you enable the success of our exceptional student-athletes. Truly, there has never been a more exciting time to Be A Rebel!

Wishing you safety, health and happiness,

Desiree

I have no problem with the options. And if Im not mistaken, the options were basically communicated months ago, so no surprise there.

I'll roll my seats to 2021 and pray I live long enough to use them.

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
Yes those were the options when the season was canceled and there was no football. I expected some change now that there’s football with 6,500 fans.

The email wasn’t clear to me but what I’ve heard is they’re going to offer them by RAF points so I’m not mad about that. My group of friends may not get them but at least they’re originally going to Rebel fans. I’m sure some basketball fans will put them on stubhub and hopefully Rebel Football fans grab them before visitors do.

Why does UNLV always go for the money. Why can't the either assign by points (I probably wouldn't get them) order give each season ticket holder one game?

This past weekend Florida had a hard time sellling out the 17,000 seats available for their home opener vs South Carolina. About an hour before kickoff of the Alabama vs A&M game Sat afternoon I looked on Stubhub and there were seats available for $48. I think Alabama was capped at 20k fans. If you want to get your hands on UNLV tickets this year I dont think it will be an issue whether it be directly from UNLV or resale even with attendance limited to 6.5k.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT