ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV -1 VS San Jose St ?nm

Early in season, I couldn’t fathom a loss to SJSU. They’ve gotta be licking their chops at an opportunity to finally break into the win column.

A lot of things can point to a bad season... Howard type losses, losing to a bad BYU last year, losing to a bad rival with UNR. Dropping one to a winless team would just be more icing on the cake.

They’ve been in close ones, but SJSU is bad. If UNLV wants to drop this one as well....

San Jose State has been in some games and they are due for a win. Playing UNLV is just what they need. We won’t win another game this year.

I wouldn't say SJSU is due for a win. They could be the worst FBS team in the country. They've already lost to FCS UC-Davis and they're well on their way to 0-12 this year. Even a terrible UNLV team wins this game. I'd definitely lay the -1 with the Rebels. SJSU is UTEP bad.

I wouldn't say SJSU is due for a win. They could be the worst FBS team in the country. They've already lost to FCS UC-Davis and they're well on their way to 0-12 this year. Even a terrible UNLV team wins this game. I'd definitely lay the -1 with the Rebels. SJSU is UTEP bad.
I’m just saying, they have to be viewing this one as the most winnable game left on their schedule? Is that enough for them or have they packed it in already?

I’m not worried about scoring, we should do enough of that. But our defense?

I’m just saying, they have to be viewing this one as the most winnable game left on their schedule? Is that enough for them or have they packed it in already?

I’m not worried about scoring, we should do enough of that. But our defense?
SJSU hung very tough with SDSU last weekend and has been in some games. We will make them look like Alabama.

Even with the loss I think Sanchez survives another year cause a) we have no money b) we have no hope and c) he has the excuse of Armani going down. Next year it’s all or nothing.

SJSU hung very tough with SDSU last weekend and has been in some games. We will make them look like Alabama.

Even with the loss I think Sanchez survives another year cause a) we have no money b) we have no hope and c) he has the excuse of Armani going down. Next year it’s all or nothing.
I agree with that. On one hand, UNLV is a tough job because of money/resources. On the other hand, it’s not so tough because there aren’t any expectations, so you survive awhile.

IF the money was there, I think there’d be changes in the two main sports (assuming basketball is where the media tabs them to be). But there is no money. And to be honest, it’s stupid to make a change just for the sake of change. That digs a deeper hole. If you can’t, with a high degree of certainly, upgrade, then you just don’t make a move. The hope that change brings is short lived without production, and that change brings on a new cycle of years that you are locked in. You can’t make moves until some cash is there.

SJSU.png
San Jose St Mountain West 2.47 0 7 123 3 112 115 106
NAVY.png
Navy American Athletic 2.46 2 5 121 111 113 102
UNLV.png
UNLV Mountain West 2.26 2 5 119 3 110 76 121

We are now in the bottom 10

SJSU.png
San Jose St Mountain West 2.47 0 7 123 3 112 115 106
NAVY.png
Navy American Athletic 2.46 2 5 121 111 113 102
UNLV.png
UNLV Mountain West 2.26 2 5 119 3 110 76 121

We are now in the bottom 10
That’s mind blowing. Best backfield in quite some time, granted, Armani is out. But Lex is a very good runner.... it’s so disappointing that some depth and talent is having this sort of year. Yeah, I know, the biggest part has been the defensive woes (again), but still... would have liked them to depart with some success.

I was looking at some stats and it looks like SJS passing will be the difference. I really hate to say it but I see another beat down coming. They have been competitive against some good teams. We have not.

Last edited:
I hope they don’t tweet that they are on a business trip again. That’s one hell of a business they are running. San Jose is the only game they have a chance of winning, and it’s going to be tough. Fresno is going to embarrass them when they come here. Just think two coaches left UNLV and went to Fresno because Sanchez didn’t want to listen to their ideas on how to improve the defense and special teams and now they are enjoying success.

The line has moved to San Jose St -2. Money must be pouring in on them.

I don't know guys - I still see the Rebels with an easy double digit win on Saturday. Don't be surprised if Max looks like Tom Brady out there and throws 5 TD's in front of 500 sjsu fans. Everybody's ripping Sanchez but I can guarantee you this is one game where we definitely have the better coach. Bret Brennan isn't even qualified for the Bishop Gorman job. I have no idea how he got a D1 job but I imagine he'll be fired after this 0-12 season. I've tried to stay positive about the Sanchez era but if UNLV somehow loses this one I think I'm done.

He has the excuse of Armani going down. Next year it’s all or nothing.

Shouldn't be an excuse, I saw this injury coming a mile away. Hell, I called it last year. I always assumed Armani would play in half the games over his UNLV career, as of today, it's looking like he'll go 13/24.

It is a good point. I mean we haven't had the same quarterback start every game since 1996! It is on the staff to have a suitable backup that can run the offense. Still, all this talk about replacing Sanchez but everyone forgets that because our basketball program is in shambles, we have less than no money. Basketball pays the bills.

I was watching a replay of the Clemson game and it occurred to me that we will never experience anything like that in our life time. Wonder how it will be with 8-10000 fan in the new stadium?

Reactions: unlv91
Just drop a black curtain from row 15 all the way around and it’ll look packed on TV.

That will work.... HaHa. And I still freakin' watch.

This my problem:
Bill Ireland 1968–1972 26–23–1 .530
Ron Meyer 1973–1975 27–8–0 .771
Tony Knap 1976–1981 47–20–2 .696

I was a fan as a kiddo and whent there during the silver fox era....I tutored a lot of the players when there. All super nice guys. I tutored Sam King who very humble and mild spoken. That is why I keep hoping. Nearly enough to bring tears to my eyes....

Don't even bring up the BYU game when King Crushed. I was there and after the last TD it was so quiet I could hear a Tabernacle triangle player practicing.

That will work.... HaHa. And I still freakin' watch.

This my problem:
Bill Ireland 1968–1972 26–23–1 .530
Ron Meyer 1973–1975 27–8–0 .771
Tony Knap 1976–1981 47–20–2 .696

I was a fan as a kiddo and whent there during the silver fox era....I tutored a lot of the players when there. All super nice guys. I tutored Sam King who very humble and mild spoken. That is why I keep hoping. Nearly enough to bring tears to my eyes....

Don't even bring up the BYU game when King Crushed. I was there and after the last TD it was so quiet I could hear a Tabernacle triangle player practicing.
That’s very cool. I never knew UNLV had ANY die hard fans on the same level as some of the basketball fans.

I don't know guys - I still see the Rebels with an easy double digit win on Saturday. Don't be surprised if Max looks like Tom Brady out there and throws 5 TD's in front of 500 sjsu fans. Everybody's ripping Sanchez but I can guarantee you this is one game where we definitely have the better coach. Bret Brennan isn't even qualified for the Bishop Gorman job. I have no idea how he got a D1 job but I imagine he'll be fired after this 0-12 season. I've tried to stay positive about the Sanchez era but if UNLV somehow loses this one I think I'm done.

I still don't see us winning this game. I think the motivation for San Jose to win at least one game is more than our motivation to beat a crappy team at home.

Has anyone seen our overall home record the past 15-20 years. It has to be the lowest in the country. I feel we play our worst football at home. Must be something about playing in front of 4,000 people that rattles us.

I still don't see us winning this game. I think the motivation for San Jose to win at least one game is more than our motivation to beat a crappy team at home.

Has anyone seen our overall home record the past 15-20 years. It has to be the lowest in the country. I feel we play our worst football at home. Must be something about playing in front of 4,000 people that rattles us.
The game is on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT