ADVERTISEMENT

Tyleek Collins

Jvbz22

Starter
Dec 7, 2011
3-star GA athlete Collins said on twitter he's taking an official visit on Thursday. Has some nice offers, did he fall through the cracks?

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Looking at the offers, I think he ended up waiting too long and was recruited over by the bigger schools, and wasn't really interested in many of the smaller offers. This is a good reason to accept back in December for lower ranked 3* recruits. It does look like he is fast and could be a good pick up for UNLV.

I think the UNLV Coaching Staff addressed a lot of weaknesses with this year's recruiting. UNLV's Kick return stats from last year: 37 returns for 617 yards resulting in an average kick return of 16.7 yards. UNLV's opponents returned 50 kickoffs for 1072 yards for an average of 21.4 yards. We gave up nearly twice as many yards on average in punt return yardage then we gained. UNLV only returned 9 punts (that's another story) for 65 yards averaging 7.2 yards, whereas our opponents returned 16 for 228 yards averaging 14.2 yards per return. Flowers returned all but one of the punts UNLV received averaging only 5.8 yards. On kickoff returns Woods had the bulk of them and he averaged 16.6 yards per return.
It would appear that Tyleek Collins will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact in our kick/punt return game especially if his speed is legit.
Can UNLV get more than 9 punt returns in 2018. Does 15 punt returns equal at least 6 wins?

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Hard to say, we are still on a complete overhaul pace from staff, facilities, and players. Good time to be a rebel football fan, it seems that our football program is making more noise than our basketball team. Maybe because the expectation for our football program is very low compared to basketball where everyone thinks we are better than most of our competition

No doubt, the kid knows what to do when he has the ball. Very effective runner. Would've liked to have seen some deep balls thrown to him. Except for a couple of short throws, it was all running plays. Still, glad to have him!

No doubt, the kid knows what to do when he has the ball. Very effective runner. Would've liked to have seen some deep balls thrown to him. Except for a couple of short throws, it was all running plays. Still, glad to have him!
It could be because his HS QB couldn't throw the ball down field, or he's not a good route runner. It also could be neither of those things. Looks like his coach knew his abilities and just got the ball in his hands and let him deal.

I think the UNLV Coaching Staff addressed a lot of weaknesses with this year's recruiting. UNLV's Kick return stats from last year: 37 returns for 617 yards resulting in an average kick return of 16.7 yards. UNLV's opponents returned 50 kickoffs for 1072 yards for an average of 21.4 yards. We gave up nearly twice as many yards on average in punt return yardage then we gained. UNLV only returned 9 punts (that's another story) for 65 yards averaging 7.2 yards, whereas our opponents returned 16 for 228 yards averaging 14.2 yards per return. Flowers returned all but one of the punts UNLV received averaging only 5.8 yards. On kickoff returns Woods had the bulk of them and he averaged 16.6 yards per return.
It would appear that Tyleek Collins will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact in our kick/punt return game especially if his speed is legit.
Can UNLV get more than 9 punt returns in 2018. Does 15 punt returns equal at least 6 wins?
No doubt and Collins in particular is a playa'

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT