ADVERTISEMENT

Two things from last night...

oneepstein

Retired Number
Jan 10, 2012
Las Vegas
We won so there’s that... and in spite of some good things I did see, I’m gonna vent on two things that really pissed me off.

Number one... can anyone explain Menzies decision to sub out Juiston and Johnson with 2:30 left in the first half?

We were up 21 with 3:38 left... Wyo goes on a mini run and cuts it to 17 with a chance to cut it to 16 after an upcoming foul shot. Menzies subs those two out, with no fouls on either, for McCoy and Hardy...

Hardy promptly turns it over then commits an offensive foul and some other crap happens and Menzies brings both back like 20 - 30 seconds later. The remainder of the half was chaotic and in the end we only end up 10.

It was just a mind boggling decision at that moment and it felt like it completely threw a wrench in how our team on the floor was already responding to the end of the half effort by Wyo... inexplicable honestly.

Second and in spite of a good game on paper... McCoy is a big damn baby and he needs to grow the F up.

His sulking at times and taking plays off when he’s not the center of attention is really damn annoying. EVERYBODY else is playing their asses off and he’s out there acting like a spoiled brat sometimes. Overall he still played really well so that’s not the point... it’s an issue of character that if I was his coach I would light him the F up for.

Reactions: OldSchoolReb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News