ADVERTISEMENT

TV Deal

reagan21

Rebel Legend
Sep 8, 2009
I'm interested in what the MWC and Temu7's tv deals will be. It will be more interesting to see who each add in order to fill the sports prior to negotiations.

I think a guarantee for the MWC is NMST; the Aggies and UNLV back together like the Big West days.

Other than that, I could see us dipping into Montana to revive UNLV vs. Hauck and add Montana State.

Did Hawaii sign the pledge to stay? I'm too lazy to look, m'friends.

Anyway, I think someone hit the nail on the head with CBS with slots with ESPN, as well TNT/TBS. I'm hoping Temu7 get Apple or Amazon. Damn, that would be hilarious.

This will be a madhouse/circus.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I'm interested in what the MWC and Temu7's tv deals will be. It will be more interesting to see who each add in order to fill the sports prior to negotiations.

I think a guarantee for the MWC is NMST; the Aggies and UNLV back together like the Big West days.

Other than that, I could see us dipping into Montana to revive UNLV vs. Hauck and add Montana State.

Did Hawaii sign the pledge to stay? I'm too lazy to look, m'friends.

Anyway, I think someone hit the nail on the head with CBS with slots with ESPN, as well TNT/TBS. I'm hoping Temu7 get Apple or Amazon. Damn, that would be hilarious.

This will be a madhouse/circus.
Not sure what people have been basing it on, but I've seen reports stating that some expect the next MWC media deal to have a similar annual value (per school) as the current one. Yeah, inflation and all, but IMO, that wouldn't be too bad considering the losses.

And others stating that they're expecting the PAC to not get as much as they've been selling others on as well. It would be hilarious if both conferences got similar media deals. I don't think that will be the case, but I'd be there for the tantrums if it was.

Not sure what people have been basing it on, but I've seen reports stating that some expect the next MWC media deal to have a similar annual value (per school) as the current one. Yeah, inflation and all, but IMO, that wouldn't be too bad considering the losses.

And others stating that they're expecting the PAC to not get as much as they've been selling others on as well. It would be hilarious if both conferences got similar media deals. I don't think that will be the case, but I'd be there for the tantrums if it was.
Neither of these conferences will get as much as they hope for. The pac MIGHT get to 5-7m. The MW MIGHT get to 2-4m.

Though, honestly together they wouldn’t be worth all that much more merged in its current form. Most of that 12.5m the pac was hoping for lost when those aac teams said no.

I think the smart move would be to add UTEP/NMSU, and NDSU/SDSU if they are interested

Maybe Montana and Montana State as well
Montana state is at the top of the their division. Might be too small of a school to support the move up; but Eastern Washington did beat Arroyo.

I would add NMSU and Texas State. Give UNM a rival in conference and at least TX State has reasonable attendance.

Nothern Illinois had a nice run 10-15 years ago, if I remember had a good RB. Since then have been bad to mediocre and without looking can guarantee their TV ratings don’t even register in Chicago.

4 bowls in 7 years and likely 5 out of 8 with this year isn't terrible. It's better than AF, SJSU and CSU lately and about on par with FSU.

Heck lets just swing for the fences and offer Gonzaga and St Marys as bball only and really mess with the pac here. Lol can you imagine if that occured and we added the few decent teams available from the MAC and CUSA (NIU, Liberty, UTEM, NMST). pac would be left with scraps to get to 8.

Oh my goodness- Toledo and Northern Illinois. I don’t even know what to think at this point.

Texas State would be a solid add. Reports earlier today said the AAC and PAC have also spoken with them so I’m not convinced they’re as interested in the MW

Reactions: RebelinWA
Heck lets just swing for the fences and offer Gonzaga and St Marys as bball only and really mess with the pac here. Lol can you imagine if that occured and we added the few decent teams available from the MAC and CUSA (NIU, Liberty, UTEM, NMST). pac would be left with scraps to get to 8.
Ok, so hear me out...
Gloria targets 2 football only Schools for expanded regional coverage with NIU and Toledo, adds 1 Texas school for all sports...
That's 10 football and 8 basketball programs...
So you swing for the fences and add Gonzaga and St. Mary's and now you balance 10 and 10...
I mean, that's one hell of a job as a commissioner if she can swing that

Ok, so hear me out...
Gloria targets 2 football only Schools for expanded regional coverage with NIU and Toledo, adds 1 Texas school for all sports...
So you swing for the fences and add Gonzaga and St. Mary's and now you balance 10 and 10...
Good BB conference football not so much

Ok, so hear me out...
If that does occur, I'd be pleasantly suprised. That would be a fun bball conference and not horrendous at football. A strong football Ooc and we are fine.

Ok, so hear me out...
You need 8 full members to be a BCS conference. You only have 6.

I'm expecting for football:

UNLV
UNR
AF
SJSU
UNM
HAWAII
WYOMING
UTEP, TEXAS STATE, OR NORTH TEXAS
NIU (football only)
TOLEDO (football only)
NEW MEXICO ST

Basketball

UNLV
UNR
AF
SJSU
UNM
WYOMING
One of the Texas 3
NMST

Would love a run at Liberty for football. And gonzaga/st marys for bball. Id be suprised if it happened though

There’s gonna be 2 more traitors..

You guys sure you don’t want Reno?
I'd take Reno. It's either them or Sacramento State. But you guys are now locked down. No one is going anywhere, right? Or just what does your new agreement thru 2032 say? Is there even an exit option/fee? Can Reno invoke the 1890 Sherman Act like the Pac is trying to do? :)

And I want Hawaii in FB so we can create the Alaska/Hawaiian Air Pac-TBD

I'd take Reno. It's either them or Sacramento State. But you guys are now locked down. No one is going anywhere, right? Or just what does your new agreement thru 2032 say? Is there even an exit option/fee? Can Reno invoke the 1890 Sherman Act like the Pac is trying to do? :)

And I want Hawaii in FB so we can create the Alaska/Hawaiian Air Pac-TBD
Its alright, I’ll allow it. Take reno.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT