ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal?? Decommitted last year from us.

Still would take him in a heartbeat. Let the staff meet him and get a idea on why he left and revaluate his mental make up. dont know how many rides we have with the NEW players coming in next year??? I think he would be worth taking a shot at.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
We need that size and athleticism here. And I agree with re-evaluating him mentally before offering but at least contact him now and see what happens!

Can't even make it through the season? He played 10 minutes in the last game. Not like he doesn't play. What is the point of leaving the team now? He would have the same eligibility if he finished the season. Add in the way he flip flopped on us after initially saying he would stay. We've seen in the past, talent does not always bring wins. HARD PASS.

Still would take him in a heartbeat. Let the staff meet him and get a idea on why he left and revaluate his mental make up. dont know how many rides we have with the NEW players coming in next year??? I think he would be worth taking a shot at.
What new players are you referring to for next year? Is it just Brooklyn Hicks as of now, or do we have others?

What new players are you referring to for next year? Is it just Brooklyn Hicks as of now, or do we have others?
Some silent commits already??? How many people leave next year?? There is a balancing act with scholarships that is played out every year.

Some silent commits already??? How many people leave next year?? There is a balancing act with scholarships that is played out every year.
I don't know, that's why I was asking. I can't remember when the transfer portal gets all hot and heavy either, but I feel like it's close to the time of the NCAA tournament. Maybe just after, but I think it's during that time and into April/May.

Also have commit from power/small forward at JC in Twin Falls. Good player. 245 lb 6'7" from Utah.

Still would take him in a heartbeat. Let the staff meet him and get an idea on why he left and revaluate his mental make up. dont know how many rides we have with the NEW players coming in next year??? I think he would be worth taking a shot at.
Nope. Pass. Glass heart and will.

Still would take him in a heartbeat. Let the staff meet him and get an idea on why he left and revaluate his mental make up. dont know how many rides we have with the NEW players coming in next year??? I think he would be worth taking a shot at.

There’s only one Kyron and he’s stuck in the 80’s.

Sorry but Whaley isn’t in the same ballpark as Lindsay. You take Lindsay 100 times out of 100 times over Whaley.
I'd take 2-3 years of Whaley over a month and a half of Lindsay, which is what Goergia got. Obviously if he commited and stayed long term, I'd be on board.

I'd take 2-3 years of Whaley over a month and a half of Lindsay, which is what Goergia got. Obviously if he commited and stayed long term, I'd be on board.
Lindsay may produce more in his short time. Just saying.

If production is equal, I’d love to have a guy remain for more than the one season that we are seeing now. Before I can learn who guys are on our team they are leaving.

Thats where coaching comes in. I think CKK is doing about as good as you could hope for. 2nd half adjustments have been almost flawless. The SF game was not his fault. We will lose a handful of games. It wont be because of effort or coaching.

Reactions: ckfitz
Thats where coaching comes in. I think CKK is doing about as good as you could hope for. 2nd half adjustments have been almost flawless. The SF game was not his fault. We will lose a handful of games. It wont be because of effort or coaching.
I don’t want a guy that quits. You want that type of mentality on a team? He can take his NIL deal with Georgia and shove it.

I'd give him a look depending on the circumstances that lead to him leaving. Anything pointing to him being flaky - hard pass and don't look back. But at 6'8" with his skills you have to at least look into it especially since we're so lacking in big men.

I'd give him a look depending on the circumstances that lead to him leaving. Anything pointing to him being flaky - hard pass and don't look back. But at 6'8" with his skills you have to at least look into it especially since we're so lacking in big men.
This!

My first incination is to pass, BUT - does he play defense? If he plays defense, like hard nosed D, THEN I would talk.

Nobody knows enough to answer if you take him or not. Talent wise you take him in a second, character wise we have no clue. Kid is from Texas maybe he was homesick, happens to a ton of freshmen in college just because you play sports doesn’t mean it can’t happen to you. If that is the case then obviously UNLV is not for you. Maybe Athens was not the place he wanted to live for 3.5 more years, then maybe UNLV is for him. Maybe he didn’t gel with the staff at Georgia like he thought. I don’t have proof but I think kids that jump commitments late in game seem to not last as the may not have built up the trust with the staff like you would over a longer period. I always thought it was interesting he didn’t end up at Florida. Anyway, hope the kid finds a place he likes and will make him successful and if it is UNLV that would be fine by me.

Strange. In the games prior to his final two, he was getting @ 20 min per game. The second to his final game he didn't play (can't find out a reason). In his final game he got 10 min.

The DNP could have been anything - discipline, matchup. injury etc. but it appears to have been a killer for him at Georgia.

My guess is he will follow Hartman and end up at Florida.

If tonight’s game is any indication, we need a guy with size who can not only catch the freaking ball but do something with it when they get the ball inside. Muoka and Iwuakor are awful in
Cottrell plays more of a finesse game with perimeter skills, however, he would be much better offensively from the 4/5 spot. I like what Ike brings on defense. A lot of heart and effort.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT