ADVERTISEMENT

Today's game with SDSU

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
What do you do with O'Brien? Straight up man? With who? Remember, we have three bigs only.

Do we run a quick double at him as they did with Chris and force the ball out of his hands? Remember, he's a good passer, too.

Do you go with a 2-3 zone and hope SDSU is their usual self and throws up bricks?

Conversely, I don't know what SDSU is going to do defensively. Might not see CWood doubled all the time. They just did that. They may mix it up since UNLV just saw it and may be more comfortable with it - though it didn't matter that UNLV spent most of the practices heading into the last SDSU game with Chris doubled. I guess it's different when Rushman is the double guy instead of a long SDSU player.

One thing that I think needs to happen. I know CW is most comfortable operating from 18 feet to inside, but he's gotta get lower. If we see a 6-3 SDSU guard push him out from 8 feet to 18 feet again, it's going to be a long day on the offensive side. Chris has got to start with the ball in closer than he did last game.

I think this game is going to mirror the last two games. Who hits the big shots, who makes the free throws, who doesn't turn it over, who rebounds best in the last 5 minutes....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News