ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets

RebelSaint702

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2010
Has anyone heard from the RAF or ticket office on game tickets for this season?

If I am able to I want to try and fly the family down to Vegas for the Reno game/visit family. But I need to book those flights ASAP.

I would think I would make the cut off based on where I land on the RAF rankings, but I haven't heard anything yet.

If I am able to I want to try and fly the family down to Vegas for the Reno game/visit family. But I need to book those flights ASAP.

I would think I would make the cut off based on where I land on the RAF rankings, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Ive heard nothing yet.

Waiting for approval on the plan for capacity at allegiant?

Or are they waiting on approval from the raiders to allow fans to attend rebel games?

Waiting for approval on the plan for capacity at allegiant?

Or are they waiting on approval from the raiders to allow fans to attend rebel games?
Raiders should have dick all to say with what UNLV does with the stadium. Listen, I realize the Rebels ride coattails … but this stadium and the Raiders have zero shot of being in the valley without UNLV. It’s taxpayer money. So, in my eyes, they can be the bigger name, they can be the draw and the money maker but that doesn’t matter. If the stadium is clear, it’s UNLV’s call, IMO.

Reactions: Rashanir
Hawaii the only game with no TV. Hopefully there is some type of stream for it

The information I've been able to find has been sporadic and inconsistent.
  • The request was for 10% capacity for UNLV games, so 6500 total. But that includes player families and student tickets, so unknown how many fan tickets will be available.
  • The "plan" has to get past the county first (Southern Nevada Health District), then it goes to the state. The LV Lights soccer team only allowed 250 fans in to get past a "30 day waiting period" that the county has. Based on UNLV's request going in about Oct 2nd, if the county does their full "30 day waiting period" then approval from them won't come until right after the UNR game. Maybe it can be expedited by the county, but I'm not sure they have much incentive to make an exception just so the Rebels can get fans in to the first game. They have more incentive to "abundance of caution" as long as possible, especially with the only interest the media seeming to have for UNLV sports right now being COVID positive results. Plus, even after the county approves the state still has to.
  • That was a lot of typing... short version - Fresno St on November 7th is more certain to have fans than the Reno game.
  • Initially UNLV said that ticket priority would be based on RAF rankings, but since then they've also mentioned preferential treatment for season ticket holders. Keep in mind that the RAF rankings favor those who have purchased basketball season tickets, since that generally gets more points due to required scholarship contribution.

I don't think they are going to provide any or very limited tickets to students this season. As for the RAF rankings, I believe that is in regards to football season ticket holders only. If it includes those who don't have football season tickets, in favor of those with higher RAF rankings who go to basketball only, they will permanently alienate football season ticket holders for those who do not support football. That would be a really bad idea!

The initial announcement only gave priority to RAF members and mentioned that current season ticket holders had the three options (refund, credit, donate).... but the wording was later updated as follows, with season ticket holders also getting priority...

The ability to purchase individual game tickets will be based on the current Rebel Athletic Fund priority point allocation model, which may be found by clicking here. RAF members and season ticket holders will receive priority in purchasing. A maximum number of six tickets per account, per game will be allowed.

The number allowed should be based on the number of season tickets purchased. If 6 per person, the first couple of thousand could buy up all of the tickets and give them to friends.

Since I had 8 season tickets I would agree with you. But as for that reasoning, the opportunity is still out there for people to buy additional season tickets, or new season tickets. They are not that expensive (relative to what people have paid for basketball tickets) so there might be opportunity there for people willing to spend money to move up in line.

Hopefully the AD manages distribution fairly and rewards the loyal football fans.

Reactions: RebelMan5000
RJ said this A.M. that the attendance plan hasn't been approved. This has to be why the ticket situation is in such flux. No need to sell tickets and then give refunds if the plan ends up a no go.

The article also said if tickets are sold it will be on a "game by game" basis. I guess this excludes the ability to buy a season ticket.

I imagine that if the approval is at the last minute ( and why would we expect anything else?) tickets will have to be sold at the gate as the ticket office won't have time to distribute tickets other ways.

I imagine that if the approval is at the last minute ( and why would we expect anything else?) tickets will have to be sold at the gate as the ticket office won't have time to distribute tickets other ways.

I doubt that they will sell tickets at the gate, Id assume they do online sales and then a ticket pickup/will call situation similar to how players tickets are picked up or NCAA tourney tickets are picked up. Show up with ID. With players tickets you have to enter the stadium right then so there is no chance at resale, with NCAA tickets usually you are given an envelope with your tickets and could resell them or give them to someone else if you wanted to

UNLV is still waiting on the approval for fans but it sounds like there probably won’t be many tickets available after the students get theirs.

“If the plan is approved, it appears general admission tickets might be tough to come by as tickets will be available on a single-game basis, with student-athletes’ families and UNLV students getting first priority on tickets, according to Grossman. After students and players’ families secure their tickets, any remaining tickets would be open first to Rebel Athletic Fund members, including UNLV football season ticket holders, based on their priority points. UNLV said it sold 7,460 season tickets for the 2020 season.”

Wtf, that means I have to buy season tickets. I want to walk up to the gate and buy a ticket

Yep 2,000 fans. With players families and then the students getting tickets I’m guessing nobody else gets in for the UNR game. Hopefully they increase that at some point but I doubt it.

clown show

Access to Allegiant Stadium for UNLV Football games will be tightly controlled and highly limited. Although the Governor's directive for gatherings at stadiums does allow for up to 10% capacity, to comply with restrictions requiring independent section zones of 250 people or less, separated by at least 25 feet that operate and function separately without attendees leaving their section, the approval for UNLV at Allegiant Stadium is 3% of capacity or 2,000 patrons.

Im just glad that parents will get to go. My parents traveled to every one of my brothers home and away games during his college career, I know how much that meant to them and my brother. One of my wife's employees has a son that starts on D for Wisconsin and is a Senior, they are playing tonight with no fans after initially thinking theyd get to go but recent tighter restrictions in WI means they will have to watch from TV rather than see his last college games live.

2,000 fans per game were approved. No way I have enough RAF points to get a ticket this year. At least they are on tv most of the time:

That's 27 people per section in the lower bowl. IMO, that is ridiculous. If the same ratio holds for the T&M that will mean 594 attendees for basketball .

Did anyone here get UNR tickets? I filled out the interest form and called the ticket office but never even heard back from them. Students already got their tix and they sold out.

Did anyone here get UNR tickets? I filled out the interest form and called the ticket office but never even heard back from them. Students already got their tix and they sold out.

Fan ticket distribution doesn't start until Tuesday the 27th.

UNR got 150 of the 2000 tickets, which they are giving to players' families (https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/20...tadium/6044056002/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot )

So UNLV players' families are getting at least 150.

According to Mick Akers (LVRJ) the 200 student tickets were all claimed within 5 minutes of becoming available.
I read on the announcement for student tickets that if they claimed tickets and the tickets weren't used then that student wouldn't be getting tickets in the future. So it's already below 1500 for "fans".

There were over 7000 season tickets sold, but since the priority is based on RAF points it is actually long-time basketball season ticket holders who have better point totals and first dibs.

This is what the first two games will be like. We can hope the plan that is in the works for the last two games allows more tickets. But since they seem to only want to open the lower bowl then the max is 2,000 because that's 10% and there's no getting around the state limit.

Last edited:
I just received an email with this schedule, and time assignment when tickets will become available for my priority level. Unfortunately it's Wednesday afternoon, so I'm not optimistic.

ADDITIONAL ON-SALE INFO:
- Tuesday-Wednesday (Oct 27-28): Season Ticket Holders/RAF members, in priority point order
- Thurs, 10am: 2nd On-Sale to All Season Ticket Holders (if tickets are unclaimed from visitors, players, student allotments)
- Thurs, 12pm: On Sale to the General Public (if tickets remain)

Reactions: RebelScrub
UNR got 150 of the 2000 tickets, which they are giving to players' families (https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/20...tadium/6044056002/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot )

So UNLV players' families are getting at least 150.

According to Mick Akers (LVRJ) the 200 student tickets were all claimed within 5 minutes of becoming available.
I read on the announcement for student tickets that if they claimed tickets and the tickets weren't used then that student wouldn't be getting tickets in the future. So it's already below 1500 for "fans".

There were over 7000 season tickets sold, but since the priority is based on RAF points it is actually long-time basketball season ticket holders who have better point totals and first dibs.

This is what the first two games will be like. We can hope the plan that is in the works for the last two games allows more tickets. But since they seem to only want to open the lower bowl then the max is 2,000 because that's 10% and there's no getting around the state limit.
"We can hope the plan that is in the works for the last two games allows more tickets. "

I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Cases are increasing in the state and I'd expect it is more likely that there will ne no fans rather than more fans.

I got another email from UNLV today about tickets for future games and how they are going to use RAF point seniority for all games. I'm #1,579 in RAF points so i'm doubtful things will trickle down to my level this year unfortunately unless quite a few people lose interest.

ADVERTISEMENT