ADVERTISEMENT

Those last 4 downs is who Rogers is

D

Deleted member 308

1st: panic dump pass to receiver who is only in a position to lose yards and is not looking.

2nd: panic lame duck

3rd: massive overthrow to a cover recurved

4th: panic scramble before he makes his reads. Never sniffed a 1st down.

Rogers has passed for 100 yards in 2 out of 5 appearances with a high of 130 yards and low of 23 yards
He has completed more than 50% of his passes in 1 game with 52% versus Praire View A&M.
He has production as a runner but you won't be able to manage a game through the air.

Rogers has passed for 100 yards in 2 out of 5 appearances with a high of 130 yards and low of 23 yards
He has completed more than 50% of his passes in 1 game with 52% versus Praire View A&M.
He has production as a runner but you won't be able to manage a game through the air.

So why put him in when you need to throw the ball?

Reactions: willlevi
How is that saving face? He knows HS production doesn't equal college output. If that's the case, CTS is cutting his own throat. He needs to have a sit down with AR and lay it out: improve in the offseason and get your shit together in regards to passing or we'll make you a receiver. No ifs, ands, or butts. Go to a QB camp, or hire someone.

Reactions: willlevi
How is that saving face? He knows HS production doesn't equal college output. If that's the case, CTS is cutting his own throat. He needs to have a sit down with AR and lay it out: improve in the offseason and get your shit together in regards to passing or we'll make you a receiver. No ifs, ands, or butts. Go to a QB camp, or hire someone.

They have a QB coach, maybe a change needed there...

Reactions: Sam-I-am
They have a QB coach, maybe a change needed there...

The QB coach (Ron O’Dell) came with CTS from Biship Gorman and has yet to prove himself at the college level.

Last winter the rule change expanding college staffs by 1 allowed UNLV to add one coach, and I was among those hoping (since it appeared the QB coach wasn't going to be replaced) it would be a QB mentor, and both Randal Cunningham and Caleb Herring were local and readily available. Unfortunately O'Dell stayed and the new position was used for an additional defensive assistant.

The QB coach (Ron O’Dell) came with CTS from Biship Gorman and has yet to prove himself at the college level.

Last winter the rule change expanding college staffs by 1 allowed UNLV to add one coach, and I was among those hoping (since it appeared the QB coach wasn't going to be replaced) it would be a QB mentor, and both Randal Cunningham and Caleb Herring were local and readily available. Unfortunately O'Dell stayed and the new position was used for an additional defensive assistant.

Aware of all that.(Saying that in non snarky way)

I was fine with using the extra assistant on defensive side. Considering 3 straight years the defense had ranked outside the top 100.

I never understood O'Dell hire other than convenience.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Rogers is just too one dimensional as great read-option threat, rather than pure running threat. He is big threat on designed runs but lacks awareness as a scrambler to really create consistent big plays with his legs when he drops back as a passer.
He has the physical skills to be a star but he has to concentrate on developing his skills in passing situations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT