ADVERTISEMENT

This season

Too early to predict. Several months ago I said NO. The virus keeps spreading...............by whichever news channel you follow. I still say NO.

Yes with unlimited fans: 10%
Yes with limited fans: 65%
No: 25%

But seriously, who the hell knows.
Probably how I feel about this, too.

Concern being... how limited would fans be? At a certain point, it is not worth running stadiums for teams in MWC because the crap TV money won't be enough to subsidize efforts with no fans.

I'm not sure what the number is, but if it's like 5k fans allowed, it ain't gonna be worth it...

Probably how I feel about this, too.

Concern being... how limited would fans be? At a certain point, it is not worth running stadiums for teams in MWC because the crap TV money won't be enough to subsidize efforts with no fans.

I'm not sure what the number is, but if it's like 5k fans allowed, it ain't gonna be worth it...

How will 5k fans be different from other years?

As the virus keeps spreading probably not. There are already a few teams that have had covid breakouts. I read that we only have a 7 percent chance of making a bowl game. Hopefully the schedule next year is easier.

It's going to be interesting, NFL just cancelled the Hall of Fame Game for August, it's not looking good........

While it isn't the best situation, I guess they can have everyone wear mask at the games, otherwise it is time to return all of the money!

Reactions: unlv91
While it isn't the best situation, I guess they can have everyone wear mask at the games, otherwise it is time to return all of the money!
If I was a betting a man, I'd say UNLV will make a STRONG push to roll 2020 tickets sold into the 2021 season (if fans aren't allowed to attend)... but obviously you'd expect refunds to be an option

Before purchasing my current year season seats I received an email from UNLV on clarification about tickets that could not be used for the 2020 season. You have the option of rolling the tickets forward to the 2021 season, donating your purchase to the university or receiving a full refund. I love my seats so I’ll roll forward, but I still expect to attend games this season with a social distancing configuration.

Unless attendance goes waaaaaayyyy up, social distancing at Allegiant should be no problem for a UNLV football game, especially if they open the upper deck.

From looking at the number of seat sold, it looks like ticket sales are already way up from last season. The big question is will the stadium be open to attend or not?

Reactions: Big fella 52
I don’t think we’ll be seeing Cal or ASU at Allegiant this year. PAC is getting close to canceling all non conference games.

“Pac-12 programs have been notified by the conference that, if the fall schedule were played, it very well could consist of only conference games, eliminating the non-conference season.

This was a possibility that has been considered throughout the coronavirus pandemic, but has been getting more traction recently.“

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/...ule-and-Spring-Season-On-the-Table-148608687/

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Cal or ASU at Allegiant this year. PAC is getting close to canceling all non conference games.

“Pac-12 programs have been notified by the conference that, if the fall schedule were played, it very well could consist of only conference games, eliminating the non-conference season.

This was a possibility that has been considered throughout the coronavirus pandemic, but has been getting more traction recently.“

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/...ule-and-Spring-Season-On-the-Table-148608687/
I think that’s what you’ll see nationally. And then I think you’ll see conference play dropped.

I think hoops will follow suit. Just league play starting in January.

I think that’s what you’ll see nationally. And then I think you’ll see conference play dropped.

I think hoops will follow suit. Just league play starting in January.
I believe football is toast for fans. Basketball is impossible to tell now. History says no.

The Spanish Flu came in three waves over 1917/18/19.

The first was very bad, but the next fall the second wave hit and it was way worse. The third wave came the following year and was milder than the second wave but worse than the first.

It may not be that way - a vaccine may come. But I'm skeptical. Much of what we have been told so far has been wrong. And I believe that's from our smartest folks doing their best. It may very well just take it's own course over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s possible to roll football into early next year. Probably not because of cold weather.

AZ and Cal officially off the schedule as the PAC 12 has moved to conference games only. Haven't heard of a canceled season yet but if there is a season what will the fan experience be?

Silver lining: remove the non conference games and UNLV may be able to put together a nice record.

But obviously i would prefer ASU and cal at allegiant

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT