ADVERTISEMENT

This coach is hitting the ground on the run

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
right out of the door he has already started to recruit - a good sign off the start.......

If he is able to fund raise this quickly we will see results within the week

Robert K. þ@RobertK121 4m4 minutes ago

Salesian-Los Angeles DT Kevin Scott receives a new offer from UNLV, which is actually the first offer made by new HC Tony Sanchez.

Originally posted by Rebel1986:
right out of the door he has already started to recruit - a good sign off the start.......

If he is able to fund raise this quickly we will see results within the week

Robert K. þ@RobertK121 4m4 minutes ago

Salesian-Los Angeles DT Kevin Scott receives a new offer from UNLV, which is actually the first offer made by new HC Tony Sanchez.
The initial fundraising already started Coach weeks ago. He can just go, go, go....good to see his first offer coming on day one. I think this could be a rough first class.I think Hauck knew he was out midseason. Not much to go off of this class and I have 0 expectations. Anything decent is a cherry on top. I think his biggest recruiting will be to keep the receivers and OL here.

He can't officially offer kids until he is officially hired and passes the NCAA Coaches Certification Test. My hope is that he isn't contacting any one until he understands all the bylaws of the process. My biggest fear is getting hit with a ton of recruiting violations, he can't even contact his former player any further from here.
It would be more impressive if there was chatter among his former player about being excited to possibly join him. Right now its quiet, extremely quiet among athletes.
He really need to start building a core staff right now that has experience and can guide him through the process. This is the most dangerous few months for the program while things get established.
It will be important for him to grab a few mid-level Gaels prospects early, it allows the perspective players to feel comfortable his guys believe and want to play for him.

This post was edited on 12/12 12:17 PM by willlevi

I think he has been officially hired with the formality of the Regents vote on Tuesday. Whether or not he's taken the test...Ihave no clue.

It is likely that this recruit was one that one of the assistants said would be a great catch, so they put out an offer.

I'll let you guess whether there were more recruiting trips or fishing trips since August, and I bet you'd be right. Sanch has a lot of ground to make up - rough jewels to unearth, commits to flip - but I think he and his staff will be able to salvage the recruiting season. And the guys coming back better get their butts in the weight room and out on the field, or they will pay in splinters and/or vomit later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT