ADVERTISEMENT

There are rumblings...

Rebelious1

Rebel Legend
Silver Member
Mar 4, 2004
that football players at SDSU are nervous its schedule will be cancelled. Some are inquiring about transfer possibilities. If that happens, SDSU along with Fresno and SJSU, maybe USC, UCLA, Stanford and Cal could be wiped out. It would be like the death penalty.

that football players at SDSU are nervous its schedule will be cancelled. Some are inquiring about transfer possibilities. If that happens, SDSU along with Fresno and SJSU, maybe USC, UCLA, Stanford and Cal could be wiped out. It would be like the death penalty.
Anything applied to UC system or Cal State system will not apply to USC or Stanford since they are private. Your point remains true, but I heard multiple people on the radio yesterday call USC a UC school. Of course, California or either LA County or Santa Clara County could impose restrictions that would include USC or Stanford respectively.

I'm incredibly interested in the fallout of this, but I do get the feeling that if all the California schools are out, then Nevada could follow, and that the Pac 12 and MWC could follow (UCLA and Cal of course along with SDSU, SJSU, FSU... but remember Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and Colorado are in the same "reopening plan" by state governors. Of course not direct impact on universities or conferences, but the trickle....

I feel bad for SDSU. This will be the death penalty for them. I don't see how they make it through.

I feel seriously bad for a lot of athletes. CA has basically said no live sports until SEP? Of coarse these athletes are freaking out. Some governors are destroying far more than they are preserving by continuing lock-downs. The numbers don't justify this much sacrifice. In the long run lock downs are going to literally going to kill far more people than the virus. It is becoming political..it's an election year. It's all seriously some ****ed up bullshit. AND>..The media is full of shit !!

The virus numbers are far lower than they show, and the suicide numbers are being covered up by the media!

We rank in the top 20% in the nation for suicides and that was pre-coronavirus. There was a time where we were ranked number 1 and that was before 2008. We live in what was or is called the suicide belt. Look it up on Google. It's not a new phenomenon.

As for the virus numbers you need to air your beef with the Health District if you think there is a problem. You are making it sound like the numbers out of our Health Department are being politically motivated. Epidemiologists are scientists that deal with facts. Please provide proof of your assertion

Reactions: rickyb55
The facts are everywhere including the number of employees fired, and it has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with greed, the hospitals that report a death based on the virus get approximately 40K that they wouldn't get if the death was not related to the virus. The health district also has nothing to do with the reporting of the deaths, those are reported by the hospitals, and the health district just keeps track of them. In regards to the number of people with the virus, I have no doubt it is far higher, and that the positive test the health district reports are accurate. My family is full of dozens of doctors and nurses, as well as dozens of friends in the medical field. and they all are saying the same thing.

We rank in the top 20% in the nation for suicides and that was pre-coronavirus. There was a time where we were ranked number 1 and that was before 2008. We live in what was or is called the suicide belt. Look it up on Google. It's not a new phenomenon.

As for the virus numbers you need to air your beef with the Health District if you think there is a problem. You are making it sound like the numbers out of our Health Department are being politically motivated. Epidemiologists are scientists that deal with facts. Please provide proof of your assertion
We do deal with facts. But I do believe there are also skews. Not enough to flip A into B, but still, some intentional misrepresentations.

I also feel there are too many shitty tests out there. There’s not one universal test, there are many, some are good, some are very good and some are pure garbage. This will unintentionally screw the stats. As a whole, I feel the stats are unreliable. Maybe a decent representation, maybe … but still not accurate, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT