ADVERTISEMENT

The truth probably is...

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
That we aren't that good.

Also that the MWC isn't that bad.

NSU was right a few weeks ago. we were about .500 against decent to better teams. Team has been untested for the most part. Sure they have looked the part. They also put away teams for the most part, something that can be difficult to do.

I originally didn't want to agree. I held onto to the losses that could have easily have been wins. But we did totally lose each game in OT. No question about that.

But also the MWC isn't garbage either.

It's nowhere near the power conferences or the AAC (which is better than most power conferences), but it isn't the Big Sky either. there is a reason is is ranked a top 10 conference, because it is. No it is not full of tournament quality teams. But it isn't full of absolute cupcakes either.

Conference play is tough. Coaches know each other very well. Teams are more comfortable on the road and in the T&M especially.

The idea that we would run through this conference was foolish, and for some, an absolute set up to allow this team to be ripped even more.

There won't be many bubble quality teams that could do it, especially in a conference where there are many long termed coaches that know each other well.

We are struggling. We still have a good shot at contending for this conference, IF we get out of this funk. Either way, I'm going to keep cheering and hoping. I'm also staying far away from this place for a few days if we happen to lose, god forbid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.