Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
350+ yards on the ground.

An extra week to prepare...

Wyoming went for nearly 500 yards of total offense.

And this wasn't the case of the defense getting tired. Wyoming dropped 26 in the second quarter.

Even if you take Armani's pick and the resulting FG off the board, they gave up 23.

For all the issues at QB...This side of the ball continues to be a huge issue...

Last edited:
Yeah its embarrassing to see the stats, and not have any improvement over the last 5 years. Same ole tale...

Tweet from Ed Graney
“Losing Williams and Rogers obviously not good and changes your entire offense on the fly. But the last time I looked it’s not their job to tackle. UNLV defense looked far too much like recent decades tonight. And that’s never good.”

So true!!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Tweet from Ed Graney
“Losing Williams and Rogers obviously not good and changes your entire offense on the fly. But the last time I looked it’s not their job to tackle. UNLV defense looked far too much like recent decades tonight. And that’s never good.”

So true!!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day..

Ed is right here.

Although you don't need to go back decades...Last year would do.

Reactions: Pistol Pete 1
Tweet from Ed Graney

So true!!

A few of the frustrating things for me with the run defense.

1) The number of missed tackles

2) How many times runners were 2 or 3 or 4 yards past the line of scrimmage before first contact.

3) You couldn't even blame it on them being on the field to much or the altitude causing them to wear down. It started as early as Wyoming's second drive.

In camp we saw the defense flow to the ball pretty well. They gave up some big runs here and there but for the most part it looked like there were some improvements.

It seems hard to believe but this unit could end up being as bad statistically as last year if this continues.

After 4 games they are on pace for roughly the same number of sacks. They are giving up nearly the same number of points per game...They are behind last years turnover total.

To be fair the offensive struggles haven't helped.

Last edited:
To be fair the offensive struggles haven't helped.

But it's not like the defense is getting worn down from being on the field too long... six of Wyoming's scoring drives took 4 or fewer plays... and the other three took just 6, 7, and 8 plays to score.

But it's not like the defense is getting worn down from being on the field too long... six of Wyoming's scoring drives took 4 or fewer plays... and the other three took just 6, 7, and 8 plays to score.

I totally agree. Wasn't suggesting it was a time of possession issue. Mentioned it in another thread that it was a poor excuse. They gave up 26 in the second quarter...

More of a defending short fields, from turnovers and inability to flip the field.

An extra week to prepare...

Wyoming went for nearly 500 yards of total offense.

And this wasn't the case of the defense getting tired. Wyoming dropped 26 in the second quarter.

Even if you take Armani's pick and the resulting FG off the board, they gave up 23.

For all the issues at QB...This side of the ball continues to be a huge issue...
I know you mentioned it in another thread but I also want to state it here.

This was against a completely one dimensional offense, a running one. Without their starting R guard and tackle, and I think a replacement got hurt during the game( don't know if he returned).

Oh yeah, also without their starting tailback.

With an extra week to prepare.

This is game you lose 12-7. Not 53-17

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT