ADVERTISEMENT

Testing

Once again, the football program plays it close to the vest so nobody will get excited about anything. Enthusiasm? Fuhgeddaboudit!

I hope that is because the coaching staff are busy working on transfers to fill up the rest of the 2022 recruiting class.

With Spring practices closed, we'll have to rely on local pundits..

And what they gleaned from the 15 minutes of practice they attended...
It used to drive me crazy when I'd go to Rebel basketball practices and watch Graney, Taylor Bern, and Grimala check their twitter for 2 hours, do a 2 minute interview with a player, and then do a 3,000 word writeup of what to expect in the game.

P.S. I liked Taylor Bern. Good guy and would sit and talk sports if you wanted. Plus he gave me the wifi media passwords for T&M and Sam Boyd.

It used to drive me crazy when I'd go to Rebel basketball practices and watch Graney, Taylor Bern, and Grimala check their twitter for 2 hours, do a 2 minute interview with a player, and then do a 3,000 word writeup of what to expect in the game.

P.S. I liked Taylor Bern. Good guy and would sit and talk sports if you wanted. Plus he gave me the wifi media passwords for T&M and Sam Boyd.
Carp paid attention as much as anyone in the past (since 2000). Youmans was not in the least bit interested. Graney wasn’t interested. Steve Addy (only a couple of years at the Sun) paid attention. His replacement, Victoria Sun, she didn’t really pay attention to the floor. Don’t know about Bern or Grimaldi, I tapered hard after Kruger which is kinda of ironic since Rice’s teams had so much talent - probably went to 5 practices a month under Rice, 3-6 per week under Bayno, Spoon and Rice. After Rice, 1-2 per season.

Reasons why - having little kids. And fading interest/pride/confidence. But really, time has been at a premium since having kids. I can get back out there now though.

Reactions: CRhodes1983

That's better than what we saw for football.

Not going to 'out' any local pundits, but let's say last 15 to 30 minutes of practice and ask a question was the norm..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT