ADVERTISEMENT

T&M vs. MWC venues

Doubleyew

Conference POY
Jul 12, 2012
ESPN Article

I obviously don't agree with the list, and being #5 because I've been to the T&M many times on sold out games and it's CRAZY loud inside. Not to mention the T&M boasts the 27th all-time, ever, win percentage for the home team. (Boise is the only one ahead in the MWC at #23).

Anyway, I hadn't seen the article, thought folks might wanna read.

Also, UNLV averaged 11,757 per game in a down year last season...which is the same size as the full capacity of Reno's gym.

Well, all things considered (and Jeff Goodman is indeed considering all things), number 5 is probably generous. When you are biting your nails when ANYONE other than San Jose is the visiting team, thats pretty much all you need to know about how tough of a place the Thomas & Mack is to play in.

"It obviously hasn't been what it was back in the '90s when Jerry Tarkanian made it the hottest ticket in a city full of them."

When the team is consistently winning and when the crowd is 14k or more, there isn't a tougher place to play on the west coast.

if they had added history to it, i'd think #5 was off. however, overall (in my opinion) it's not very good.

atmosphere on not big game nights is not good with all the empty seats.

student section is really bad. there are a few actual fans and the rest seem to be there to take selfies. also, they have the student section on the wrong end (more UNLV stupidity). the thing they have are fat heads which are nothing but props. Mozilla was unique, but that's it. no chants, nothing.

if they had added history to it, i'd think #5 was off. however, overall (in my opinion) it's not very good.

atmosphere on not big game nights is not good with all the empty seats.

student section is really bad. there are a few actual fans and the rest seem to be there to take selfies. also, they have the student section on the wrong end (more UNLV stupidity). the thing they have are fat heads which are nothing but props. Mozilla was unique, but that's it. no chants, nothing.
I'm a student and the student section really is lacking. As you said, many of the students in the section seem more involved with their phones, group, etc than the actual game. There is no cohesiveness with the section. The few chants (if you want to call them that) that they have are terrible. The ref beats his wife? really? Beyond the most retarded chant that they do. Just need better and more creative chants.

I'm honestly embarrassed by the lack of support for the Rebellion. Kudos to the people who run it. I know they put a lot of time and effort in to everything. Just wish the other ~70-80% of the students could get on board and help create a more lively atmosphere.

With all of this though, if the program was in a better position (winning, finishing top of conference, making it back to the tournament, winning some games in the tournament) I'm sure the student section would receive a big boost.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
People coming 5-10 minutes into the game, then those same people leave with 10 minutes left in the game, certainly doesn't help either. I'll never get those people......

Anyway, love the T&M whenever I get a chance to get there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT