ADVERTISEMENT

Stud recruit and there are possibly more

ricovegas

UNLV Hall of Fame
Feb 18, 2008
Sunny Southern California, Newport Beach
For those interested: Google UNLV Football it's the 3rd listing under top stories from 4 days ago. It's from 247sports Joe Arrigio you don't need access to his sight it's public information or it could be some oversight on his end but to not violate any rules I won't post it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcvegaspt
Vic is a heck of a player. he would be a huge pick-up for Sanchez.

I do have a question, isn't there a rule about posting content from other sites and NOT crediting the author? I mean Joe Arrigo is the UNLV recruiting "expert" for the other site and he has stated that the content there is for Inside the Rebels only, not other sites.

Vic is a heck of a player. he would be a huge pick-up for Sanchez.

I do have a question, isn't there a rule about posting content from other sites and NOT crediting the author? I mean Joe Arrigo is the UNLV recruiting "expert" for the other site and he has stated that the content there is for Inside the Rebels only, not other sites.
I agree the only reason I posted it is because the article can be seen by simply punching in UNLV Football on google. Open to general public now if I got it off his website 247 and published it I would understand where you're coming from.

I agree the only reason I posted it is because the article can be seen by simply punching in UNLV Football on google. Open to general public now if I got it off his website 247 and published it I would understand where you're coming from.

I have an account there as well, FWIW, but why not credit him here for that? I respect that almost every big name football recruit we have goes to him or his site for interviews, wouldn't it be the right thing to do to credit him. There isn't anyone here in Vegas that knows more about the recruiting Sanchez and the football staff are doing. He is as dialed in as anyone.

Vic was a target three years ago. Oddly enough at QB.

Has had an strange journey in college.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was initially a Cal commit? Transferred to Minnesota? Was still trying to be a QB.

Transferred to a JC.

Had a good season at LB in Juco.

He is a very good athlete.

With Laolagi graduating there is a spot needing to be filled.

Also Romminger is transferring.

So there are some depth concerns at the LB position because everybody else currently on the roster is an unknown commodity outside of McCoy and Hester. (And White, if you consider him a LB. I think he's more hybrid LB/SF. Would love to see him move permanently to SF).

Reactions: RebelinWA
According to Arrigo's article:
Norco HS QB
Michigan commit-decommitted
Went to Cal out of HS (with Gilliam)
Left Cal to go to a JUCO (RCC) after redshirt year
RCC to Minnesota
Didn't work out in Minnesota, back to RCC as a LB

I have an account there as well, FWIW, but why not credit him here for that? I respect that almost every big name football recruit we have goes to him or his site for interviews, wouldn't it be the right thing to do to credit him. There isn't anyone here in Vegas that knows more about the recruiting Sanchez and the football staff are doing. He is as dialed in as anyone.
Listen all I did was copy and paste an article that he has made public that I thought would be relevant and good reading. I'm not trying to take credit for anything. All anyone has to do is google UNLV football and it shows up as the third article on top stories. So, I just clicked on it, read it, and copy and paste it so everyone else could read it. If you want me to take it down I will.

Listen all I did was copy and paste an article that he has made public that I thought would be relevant and good reading. I'm not trying to take credit for anything. All anyone has to do is google UNLV football and it shows up as the third article on top stories. So, I just clicked on it, read it, and copy and paste it so everyone else could read it. If you want me to take it down I will.

I'm not saying that, I'm trying to see where it falls into. If it was Mark Anderson or Ed Grainey they would be credited. Not saying that you did it on purpose, but shouldn't he get credited in the body saying "_____ wrote this article on ______" (like the RJ)?

According to Arrigo's article:
Norco HS QB
Michigan commit-decommitted
Went to Cal out of HS (with Gilliam)
Left Cal to go to a JUCO (RCC) after redshirt year
RCC to Minnesota
Didn't work out in Minnesota, back to RCC as a LB

Forgot the Michigan part.

I'm not saying that, I'm trying to see where it falls into. If it was Mark Anderson or Ed Grainey they would be credited. Not saying that you did it on purpose, but shouldn't he get credited in the body saying "_____ wrote this article on ______" (like the RJ)?
The article has his name right on it I don't understand what the problem is, he has made it public information. There are two articles by the RJ that I would do the same thing for those that follow Rebels and don't get the RJ or the Sun but to make sure I'm in compliance I took it down.

To be clear, I DID NOT request it to be removed, I simply asked why not credit the author since it isn't from this site?

Can anyone actually link the article. It's not # 3 on Google anymore. It's a public article, I don't see the big deal...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT