ADVERTISEMENT

Starting line up game?

khokhol8

National Player of the Year
May 24, 2012
I have nothing better to do than speculate the starting line up for next year. Figuring out how the rotations will work next year with 9 new players coming in and 2 new eligible players coming off of red shirt year will be interesting. With at least one player that will most likely red shirt (Grill), what will the line up look like? Here's my best guess for the starting 5:

David Jenkins
Bryce Hamilton
Nick Blake
Moses Wood
Cheikh Mbacke Diong

The remaining eligible players are:
Marvin Coleman
Jay Green
Nick Fleming
Edoardo Del Cadia
Jhaylon Martinez
Donavan Yap
Devin Tillis
Isaac Lindsey
Reece Brown

Marvin Coleman will get minutes for sure. Your guess is as good as mine as for who will emerge to play significant rolls after that. My guess is Isaac Lindsey, Nick Fleming, and Edoarado Del Cadia but that's based on highlight videos I've seen.

What's your starting line up look like?

I don’t think Jay Green will contribute from Flagstaff.

I think the November starting lineup is :
Coleman
Jenkins
Hamilton
Wood
Diong

As for help off the bench, that is tough. I think early Blake and Cadia will see action for sure. One of Martinez and Brown will see time. I personally think Tillis will surprise and get time by the end of the year but maybe not in November. I think the odd man out of Brown and Martinez is a redshirt candidate, one of Yap and Lindsey also might redshirt. With he one who shows they can defend reasonably and shoot consistently seeing some playing time.

The biggest question mark to me is Fleming. Can he backup point or does Jenkins slide over when needed. Fleming backing up point would be a plus.

All said my top 9-10 in Feb is as follows:
Coleman
Jenkins
Hamilton
Wood
Diong (but I could also see him not playing)
Fleming
Tillis - probably could play 4 different spots
Martinez - going with game over athleticism of Brown but really toss up
Cadia
Yap/Lindsey (not much time unless Jenkins backs up point)

Obviously we all think Tillman is gone either pro or no sit transfer (though I doubt that is allowed this year). However, if he stays he sees time.

I also wonder if they have been able to bulk up wood to allow them to play him and four out?

I think you will see the following to start the season

Coleman
Jenkins
Hamilton
Wood
Diong

By the time conference play comes I think it will look like this

Coleman
Jenkins
Hamilton
Blake
Diong?? Unless they decide to at 2 pf's then I would say Cadia