ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium News

I appreciate the tread on updated information on the new stadium and this is nothing directed at you mvvsmith. I have a question that for some reason is getting a little under my skin the more I read outside articles and listen to people talk. The new stadium is technically the "Las Vegas Stadium" - correct? - with the primary tenant being the Raiders. I understand why to some degree, but I keep seeing "Raiders Stadium". It's not their stadium... from my understanding. Yes, they are a HUGE part of this, but so is Las Vegas. Given all the other venues that will be hosted in this stadium I'd just like to call it what it really is as far as my understanding... and that's the new "Las Vegas Stadium". The primary reason this stadium is moving forward is the contribution by Las Vegas and everything that the valley brings to the table. I certainly hope UNLV and the stadium authority board do not lose site of this in negotiating what we need/deserve out of this stadium.

This is beyond an exciting time for long time Rebel Football fans and Las Vegas(still an understatement). Looking forward to the years ahead!... including this next season!!

Reactions: mvvsmith
I think it's just more the move of the Raiders and being the main driving force followed by their huge investment. $500MM + now a ~$650MM that if I recall they will be on the hook for (is Mark Davis responsible for the BofA loan? I am unsure.). If it is the case, they are in it $1.15BB of a 1.9 billion dollar project.

I think their relocation fee is, what, 375 million? Wow lol, lotta money flying around.

Personally. being a former 55 year resident, I would love to see it end up as The Las Vegas Dome. Whomever ends up with the naming rights gets the "official name" of course. Don't think your going to hear it much though. I'll be attending more events not associated with sports, along with 2 or 3 Rebel games. I just hope whomever is doing the promotion, promotes the hell out of it. I truly think this will be the most suceessful stadium built in the US. My fear with SA was the LVCVA would never see the inside or it.

That's interesting you say that. What is the possibility that the LVCVA buys naming rights and they call it the "Only Vegas" dome, or something like that. We would be the first modern city to have a dome named after our city ( I know, University of Phoenix stadium, but that's in Glendale). Back in the day, before they sold naming rights, they were pretty much all named after the city or region in which they were built. Naming it the Vegas Dome would be very throwback....

Any person or entity can buy the rights. LVCVA's source of money for the buy would be ironic. The hotel room tax! Nope. don't see that happening again for a while

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I will also predict the stadium at 70,000 seats on opening day and stay that way. Source: none. Hard to extrapolate the PSL's, but the aggregate numbers point to 70,000 seats. My analytics. Remember stat guy. Wouldn't that juice Oakland's butt hurt!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I appreciate the tread on updated information on the new stadium and this is nothing directed at you mvvsmith. I have a question that for some reason is getting a little under my skin the more I read outside articles and listen to people talk. The new stadium is technically the "Las Vegas Stadium" - correct? - with the primary tenant being the Raiders. I understand why to some degree, but I keep seeing "Raiders Stadium". It's not their stadium... from my understanding. Yes, they are a HUGE part of this, but so is Las Vegas. Given all the other venues that will be hosted in this stadium I'd just like to call it what it really is as far as my understanding... and that's the new "Las Vegas Stadium". The primary reason this stadium is moving forward is the contribution by Las Vegas and everything that the valley brings to the table. I certainly hope UNLV and the stadium authority board do not lose site of this in negotiating what we need/deserve out of this stadium.

This is beyond an exciting time for long time Rebel Football fans and Las Vegas(still an understatement). Looking forward to the years ahead!... including this next season!!

The billboard paid for by the Raiders says Las Vegas Stadium

C99R1awUwAA3eYh.jpg

The billboard paid for by the Raiders says Las Vegas Stadium

C99R1awUwAA3eYh.jpg
I like that...
Now to be picky or at least throw out a fun wish list item. The big "RAIDERS" signage in the front... It would be great if they had it designed so that it could rotate into the ground and have a Large "REBELS" come up out to replace it. Or for other venues have it simply rotate underground to provide open space/other temporary signage. I can dream... right.

I don't know. Did the Raiders know going in that a 40 million dollar property was really 100 million "asking". It will be interesting to see the actual option price. Or is 100 million an accounting device. Don't care really. Clock is ticking for 2020.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
I still think we see the most ever for a lot of things concerning this venue. Naming rights and site advertisement sales are two of them. Been a great couple of weeks in Vegas sports. Only going to get better.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
~25% less than expected @ 77mil according to the article.
Thanks for the link.
RE: "The 65,000-seat stadium will be located adjacent to Interstate-15 and will be connected to the city’s expanding monorail system once it is built out to Mandalay Bay in the coming years."
Does anyone know if the proposal to expand the monorail to Mandalay Bay was approved?
It would be great for the monorail to go completely to the stadium but the Taxicab Authority is going to fight that to the death.

I live in LV but I'm gone a lot. You seem to be on top of it better than me and I appreciate that. Thanks for the reply.

The original proposal route was denied because it interfered with Water District pipes and such. A secondary proposal route that was proposed has yet to be voted on because it deals with going on a parcel of McCarran Airport area land. They need to sign off on it.

The original proposal route was denied because it interfered with Water District pipes and such. A secondary proposal route that was proposed has yet to be voted on because it deals with going on a parcel of McCarran Airport area land. They need to sign off on it.
Cool. That's good news. Maybe one day it will connect to the airport as originally proposed. Thanks for the reply.

Cool. That's good news. Maybe one day it will connect to the airport as originally proposed. Thanks for the reply.

It won't ever, it'll be light rail or the double deck freeway that goes to the airport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT