ADVERTISEMENT

Silverado HS's Devion Clayton

DocRebel

Lottery Pick
Aug 9, 2003
I haven't seen this kid in person yet but at 6'3", 193 lbs, running a blazing 10.65 100-meter dash, I really hope UNLV reels him in. He finished 4th in the state track championships last year. Even though he's getting pub for his receiving this year, his size and speed is exactly the type of athletic bodies I'd like to see stacking up on the defensive side of the ball. I could see Clayton becoming a big, athletic safety or corner at the next level.

Coach Randall Cunningham's opinion of him is that "there's not a better cornerback in the state (than Devion Clayton)".

Maybe Will can shed some light on this one.

http://nevadapreps.com/football/not...-extra-recruiting-interest-silverados-clayton

Elite athlete that can play on either side of the ball.
He took the SAT two weeks ago and would be a major grab IMO. Hard to match his size/speed combination. He has outstanding ball skills as a defender and has shown the ability to be a dominant player on offense. Devante Davis type sleeper with better feet and more explosive speed.

Devion Clayton had another big time performance to help Silverado win their first playoff game since 2007. Here's an excerpt from the LV Sun, which says:

[Silverado's] Weber passed for three touchdowns, including connecting with Devion Clayton on a 64-yard score in the first quarter to erase an early 7-0 deficit. The speedster Clayton had numerous big plays for Silverado and nearly 200 receiving yards.

Both he and Pritchard have myriad scholarship offers, and both are new to Silverado, with Clayton playing last season at Palo Verde.

It wouldn't surprise me if UNLV offers this kid sometime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT