ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Up in Idaho for the holidays watching the LOI’s come in on Twitter cause there is nothing else to do other than shovel some snow. All of the 3 stars have signed as well as the U of A LB transfer (4 Star) with the exception of FriehL from Hawaii and I expect that is because it is still early there. I was hoping to see some unexpected signings but that hasn’t happened yet. My biggest question is whether or not these guys will be coming to school right away to take part in spring drills. Could be very valuable as Arroyo has shown he is not afraid to put freshmen on the field.
Looking forward to the signing day event this afternoon. Nothing else to do other than shovel snow today!!

Reactions: khokhol8
We also picked up Kylan Wilborn as a grad transfer from Arizona. Started 20+ games in the PAC12 for Wildcats. He should be able to help the defense immediately next year.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Hopefully we can find more players in the transfer portal. We need more players with game experience.

Hopefully we can find more players in the transfer portal. We need more players with game experience.
I am expecting a QB from the transfer portal as I don't think we have one on campus that is up to his liking and he probably wont want to rely on just a freshman to run the team. A power RB around 220-230 lbs would be nice as well.

I am expecting a QB from the transfer portal as I don't think we have one on campus that is up to his liking and he probably wont want to rely on just a freshman to run the team.

One transfer QB to keep an eye on is Jason Sirmon from Washington. He entered the transfer portal yesterday.

Interesting side note... another QB at Washington is former UNLV QB Kevin Thompson is now in his 7th scholarship college season (possible from earlier medical hardship waivers; spent several years at Sac St). Thompson was on Bobby Hauck's final UNLV team and due to this season not counting he should be able to play again next season. Not expecting him to transfer - just a side note.

One transfer QB to keep an eye on is Jason Sirmon from Washington. He entered the transfer portal yesterday.

Interesting side note... another QB at Washington is former UNLV QB Kevin Thompson is now in his 7th scholarship college season (possible from earlier medical hardship waivers; spent several years at Sac St). Thompson was on Bobby Hauck's final UNLV team and due to this season not counting he should be able to play again next season. Not expecting him to transfer - just a side note.

Im wondering if Arroyo gets any QB's from Oregon to transfer. Starter Tyler Shough is a Soph, and they just signed a rapidly rising 4 star Ty Thompson yesterday (86 in ESPN 300), They also have RS Fresh Cale Millen (Hugh's son), Fresh Jay Butterfied, and Fresh Robby Ashford. All were 4 star recruits that Im sure want to play. ALthough Im sure each has higher aspirations than UNLV they all are familiar with Arroyo.

Millen is from WA, Butterfield CA and Ashford AL, if any of them would consider UNLV Id think it would be the two west coast guys.

Just looked who Rivals has as the top 25 player to come to UNLV and 7 of those top 25 are in the 2021 class. I dont know much about these players but looking like a very good recruiting class for UNLV.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
Im wondering if Arroyo gets any QB's from Oregon to transfer. Starter Tyler Shough is a Soph, and they just signed a rapidly rising 4 star Ty Thompson yesterday (86 in ESPN 300), They also have RS Fresh Cale Millen (Hugh's son), Fresh Jay Butterfied, and Fresh Robby Ashford. All were 4 star recruits that Im sure want to play. ALthough Im sure each has higher aspirations than UNLV they all are familiar with Arroyo.

Millen is from WA, Butterfield CA and Ashford AL, if any of them would consider UNLV Id think it would be the two west coast guys.
It can go both ways. Some kids want to stay home. But it's not too uncommon for kids to want to get away from Alabama.

I am expecting a QB from the transfer portal as I don't think we have one on campus that is up to his liking and he probably wont want to rely on just a freshman to run the team. A power RB around 220-230 lbs would be nice as well.

I thought Justin Rogers was the answer?

I thought Justin Rogers was the answer?
Personally, I like the philosophy of having so stout a defense that your offense can be way below average and you'll still win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT