ADVERTISEMENT

SEC (Vandy) Coming to Vegas

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
With the new stadium coming I think we'll see more P5 teams wanting to do H/H's with us. It's a winnable game too. I like the series.

DFHgTr5UMAAzvPr.jpg

Reactions: bcvegaspt
OOC schedule for 2019 will be Home : Southern Utah, Arkansas St (return game for 2018 trip) and away to Northwestern and Vandy.

Tough but fun schedule.

Also we will have SDSU, SJSU, Hawaii at home and play BSU, CSU , WYO in the Cross over games, Reno & Fresno away.

That is an overall tough but fun/interesting schedule looking at . Possibility of a RS JR Armani Rogers leading this team is exciting should he deliver on all his promise this year and show some real talent/ability. Defense will be much more mature by that year as well looking at current roster, incoming recruits etc.

I have not seen a lot of negative responses to playing a home/home with UNLV. I have also seen other schools fans that appear to have an interest in home and home games from programs that include VT, Tenn, North Carolina State, etc.

I want to see the new stadium break ground ASAP so we can get more home/home games and end the buy in games that have no return trips.

On a side note, I have seen a couple of comments from BYU fans that are not happy that they struggle to get good home/home games while UNLV just got Vandy.

With the new stadium, no reason why Labor day weekend can't be a College Football weekend, with UNLV playing a P5 school and having top 20 teams play against each other. The new Mercedes dome has FSU and Bama opening up on labor day. Vegas is Vegas, cheap flights and a great time for all.

Just something to think about, by 2020 when we open the new 65,000 seat stadium would'nt it be beneficial if we schedule teams that have a very loyal fan base so we can fill out the stadium to its brim? I know we have to be competitive for them to even schedule us but I believe we are on track to do just that. Once we get to go to a bowl game, I believe it will become a habit of going yearly. What you guys think?

For now that is OK, but if UNLV improves as much as we hope, what kind of scores could you expect in the future. Competitive?

A lot of P5's schedule easier games to start the season. The game gets the starters some live reps but also allows the staff to get some reps for the backups. Plus, there's lower risk of injuries to your players.

Not every game has to be against the top 25.

I like that this is a home and home. It may be a worthwhile road trip. I hear Nashville is a cool place to visit.

That is true with P5's, but the MWC is made up of teams ranked outside of the top 100, so we would need to upgrade the schedule to have any chance of getting ranked in the future.

I've been to a game at Vanderbilt. The environment was just okay. Nothing to write home about. Smallish stadium, not great tradition. It was against a ranked Arkansas team (who brought a pretty good amount of fans). That being said, I would definitely go there to watch the Rebels play!

Reactions: RebelinWA
A Jackson State game would be an empty stadium. The last game verse Jackson State, which was the season opener only had 18,500 at the game.

Reactions: RebelinWA
UNLV needs to see if they could get USC for 1st game at new stadium! Need something special gives UNLV 3 years to be competitive!

I like that this is a home and home. It may be a worthwhile road trip. I hear Nashville is a cool place to visit.
Great place to visit we just spent the week of the 4th there awesome fireworks and free concert on Broadway. This was the second trip for us in two years. Will be a great road trip. Count us in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT