ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU (-12) @ UNLV

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
West division leader San Diego State comes to Sam Boyd on Saturday night. SDSU is 6-1 mainly because of their defense. Their Jeff Horton offense has struggled all year but it wouldn't surprise me if they go off against UNLV. I'd like to think this could be a close game just based on the fact SDSU only averages 22 points game.

A loss here essentially ends the Bowl dream and the end of the CTS era. Bullmastiff outlined it a few weeks ago and since then the scenarios have only gotten worse. UNLV needs 7 wins for bowl game so as long as DRF is keeping "bowl or bust" the standard this is it.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
While it may not be saying much when you look at their body of work this season, I expect SDSU to put up season offensive bests across the board this weekend. That's how much faith I have in our defense after last weekend's debacle (not that it hadn't dwindled to the bone previously).

West division leader San Diego State comes to Sam Boyd on Saturday night. SDSU is 6-1 mainly because of their defense. Their Jeff Horton offense has struggled all year but it wouldn't surprise me if they go off against UNLV. I'd like to think this could be a close game just based on the fact SDSU only averages 22 points game.

A loss here essentially ends the Bowl dream and the end of the CTS era. Bullmastiff outlined it a few weeks ago and since then the scenarios have only gotten worse. UNLV needs 7 wins for bowl game so as long as DRF is keeping "bowl or bust" the standard this is it.

SDSU is the Anti-Hawaii..

With Hawaii they can put up points on anybody and could beat anybody in the conference. Flipside their defense is so bad (outside of Reno game) they can be beat by anybody in the conference.

SDSU's defense keeps them in any game with anybody. Their offense also lets just about anybody hang around.

Rebs got them last year. Defense should be able to contain SDSU's offense to some degree and keep the game relatively close.

SDSU just doesn't blow teams out, they aren't built that way...

27-17 something like that...

Last edited:
SDSU is the Anti-Hawaii..

With Hawaii they can put up points on anybody and could beat anybody in the conference. Flipside their defense is so bad (outside of Reno game) they can be beat by anybody in the conference.

SDSU's defense keeps them in any game with anybody. Their offense also lets just about anybody hang around.

Rebs got them last year. Defense should be able to contain SDSU's offense to some degree and keep the game relatively close.

SDSU just doesn't blow teams out, they aren't built that way...

27-17 something like that...

You would think it could be a close game as long as we don't turn the ball over. Although it's hard to say that with a straight face after the 5 turnovers last week. In another thread you mentioned maybe playing Max this week. Who do you think gives us the best shot against this SDSU team KO, AR, or MG? I still think KO is the best QB we have but this is a tough spot for the freshman. This is the last good defensive team we face. Things should get much easier the last 4 weeks but it might not matter at that point if they lose here.

You would think it could be a close game as long as we don't turn the ball over. Although it's hard to say that with a straight face after the 5 turnovers last week. In another thread you mentioned maybe playing Max this week. Who do you think gives us the best shot against this SDSU team KO, AR, or MG? I still think KO is the best QB we have but this is a tough spot for the freshman. This is the last good defensive team we face. Things should get much easier the last 4 weeks but it might not matter at that point if they lose here.

Honestly. Hard to say.

If Armani is limited, and can't execute the zone read why play him.

Gilliam hasn't played all year. He had a good game vs SDSU last year, but there has to be some rust I would guess.

Oblad has had some moments. But this SDSU defense makes life hard on QBs. They bring pressure from everywhere. They disguise pressures well. They make QBs second guess what they see with their coverages. Like you said, its a tough spot for Oblad. SDSU ate up Sneed a few years ago. (2 for 12 or something like that).

I guess, I would start Oblad but it would be a short leash.

SDSU being pretty vanilla on offense should help keep the Rebs in this game.

But if UNLV turns the ball over the score could look similar to the Boise game.

Hate talking in absolutes. You never know what could happen. Maybe UNLV can do what other teams have struggled to do. Maybe the Rebs can run the ball, and hit enough plays downfield to keep this game close, or even win it. But its a huge test.

Lines up to 13.5 now...

Last edited:
Honestly. Hard to say.

If Armani is limited, and can't execute the zone read why play him.

Gilliam hasn't played all year. He had a good game vs SDSU last year, but there has to be some rust I would guess.

Oblad has had some moments. But this SDSU defense makes life hard on QBs. They bring pressure from everywhere. They disguise pressures well. They make QBs second guess what they see with their coverages. Like you said, its a tough spot for Oblad. SDSU ate up Sneed a few years ago. (2 for 12 or something like that).

I guess, I would start Oblad but it would be a short leash.

SDSU being pretty vanilla on offense should help keep the Rebs in this game.

But if UNLV turns the ball over the score could look similar to the Boise game.

Hate talking in absolutes. You never know what could happen. Maybe UNLV can do what other teams have struggled to do. Maybe the Rebs can run the ball, and hit enough plays downfield to keep this game close, or even win it. But its a huge test.

Lines up to 13.5 now...
Let the young man take his lumps and learn. If he is the QB going forward, throw the leash out the window.

Let the young man take his lumps and learn. If he is the QB going forward, throw the leash out the window.

I hear you.

If the scenario were different maybe. If this was year 2 or 3 of Sanchez' tenure, you might just roll with Oblad and see what you have for the next season.

But with his job status very much up in the air, I'm not sure he can afford to do that.

He needs wins, and if Oblad were to struggle early, coming off a game he threw three picks, he might be more inclined to go to Gilliam whi did beat SDSU last year..

CBSSN is like take your time Memphis v Tulsa nobody is watching this UNLV game anyways. Take 4 OT’s go ahead.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
CBSSN is like take your time Memphis v Tulsa nobody is watching this UNLV game anyways. Take 4 OT’s go ahead.

Dude. You really need to cut the chord on cable and just stream to you smart tv. They have multiple online streams that allow you to watch what you want.

Stop letting the Man hold you down, brotha.

Dude. You really need to cut the chord on cable and just stream to you smart tv. They have multiple online streams that allow you to watch what you want.

I am this is my final season of sports on cable. I will be looking at other venues after the current VGK season ends.

Explain how, please. I’d proudly do that but the only way I know to consistently get UNLV basketball and football is via cable. If I can’t get football I’d live, so you know.

Explain how, please. I’d proudly do that but the only way I know to consistently get UNLV basketball and football is via cable. If I can’t get football I’d live, so you know.

Step 1: get a laptop
Step 2: get chromecast so you can stream from your laptop to your smart tv.
Step 3: go to nhl66.ir for all hockey games
And vipbox.tv for everything else...and stream to your tv via chromecast.
Step 4: call your cable company and tell them to A.) blow you and B.) Come pick their equipment up.

You're welcome.

Also AT and T sports for VGK I need to check if they have a non cable or satellite option.

Step 1: get a laptop
Step 2: get chromecast so you can stream from your laptop to your smart tv.
Step 3: go to nhl66.ir for all hockey games
And vipsportsnet.com for everything else...and stream to your tv via chromecast.
Step 4: call your cable company and tell them to A.) blow you and B.) Come pick their equipment up.

You're welcome.
Wow thanks need to look into this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT