ADVERTISEMENT

Sanchez Vs. P5

Gotta give the coach props. As bad as P5 Vandy was, it was a murder. Broke a long arse record.

He needed that win bad....

AD gave a bowl or bust ultimatum.

Tough start to year. Hopefully he can reach six win mark. If not, this win helps his cause if he falls short at like 5-7..

Reactions: RebelinWA
ONE. MORE. YEAR. !!!!!!!!!!
No thanks. It took him this long to understand that he had a better passer on his bench. Also next year schedule is much harder that this year. Both Cal and AZ st will be ranked in the top 25.

If you look at the schedule that is left for UNLV, it is very possible for UNLV to go 4-2 or better the rest of the way out. If Sanchez gets to the numbers of wins he needs, then he has earned another year, if he doesn't get to that level, then he will be gone!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
If you look at the schedule that is left for UNLV, it is very possible for UNLV to go 4-2 or better the rest of the way out. If Sanchez gets to the numbers of wins he needs, then he has earned another year, if he doesn't get to that level, then he will be gone!

I want to believe that.

We've been fooled before..

Have to get one of next two if not both...

Last edited:
I can't seeing him getting six wins this year. Best he will do is four, most likely three.

I can't seeing him getting six wins this year. Best he will do is four, most likely three.

I think 5 is max, but this at least was a step in the right direction...

Fresno is 2-3 and need a win just as bad as we do..

Rebs win that, things get interesting. Lose it, you are right back where you were before Vandy...

I think 5 is max, but this at least was a step in the right direction...

Fresno is 2-3 and need a win just as bad as we do..

Rebs win that, things get interesting. Lose it, you are right back where you were before Vandy...
Under Sanchez, when the team hears that they have an "easy" opponent or it's a "must win" they lose. Actually, they get blown out. It's consistent.

I struggled to see 4 wins preseason. I still do. I hope we win out and he stays on. In fact, I'd be ecstatic if that happens. I'd love to look back at this post and think that I didn't know what I was talking about. I'm just not influenced by a recency bias.

Under Sanchez, when the team hears that they have an "easy" opponent or it's a "must win" they lose. Actually, they get blown out. It's consistent.

I struggled to see 4 wins preseason. I still do. I hope we win out and he stays on. In fact, I'd be ecstatic if that happens. I'd love to look back at this post and think that I didn't know what I was talking about. I'm just not influenced by a recency bias.

Funny you mentioned recency bias. It is actually a thing.

Team is 2-4.

Lets say Rebs beat Arkansas State then lost to Wyoming, Northwestern, Boise and then Vandy.

Still 2-4, same record but we would feel more like the ship was sinking vs keeping bowl hopes alive...

Beggining of the year I thought 5-7. For any bowl hopes, needed to start 3-1. Obviously didn't happen. Mathematically still a shot. But its going to be tough.

If they are going to make things interesting they need the next two. Fresno can score but defense might be a problem, SDSU offense struggles but that defense is nasty.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcvegaspt
The old saw: one game at a time. I was secretly hoping for three wins or less so the decision would be unassailable. Now some drama has enhanced the season. Go Rebels.

Wouldn't it be something if we played Reno for the 6th win?

Remaing schedule is a mixed bag...

1) Fresno was expected to be pretty good this year. Currently 2-3. Two close losses to P5 schools and got drubbed by Air Force on the road. Wins against an FCS school and a bad NM State team. They've put points on the board but defense hasn't been great.

2) SDSU offense has yet to get clicking, but that defense is nasty.

3) SJSU was expected to be bad, but are surprisingly sitting at 3-3. They've been able to move the ball through the air. Defense hasn't been great but they do force turnovers. They could be 4-2 if not for a late Reno FG.

4) CSU is struggling, but can't be considered a gimme. They've put up around 30 points on everybody they've played except SDSU. They can score, they can't stop anybody.

5) Hawaii offense is explosive. Defense isn't great but they are on the field a lot because of how offense plays. Held Reno to 3 points but that game got out of hand quick. They are basically the polar opposite of SDSU.

6) Reno...Who knows. One week they look good. Next week lay an egg..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT