ADVERTISEMENT

San Jose State

Watched the game last night. Their QB is really good and a good defensive team. I was telling myself the football gods even in a pandemic can’t even give UNLV a 7-0 year. You can see the kids love playing for their coach. Hopefully we get there soon.

It can't be done here, we need the slow build, my geez San Jose State of all teams wins MWC and is ranked..........

I dont know anything about SJSU other than their QB Nick Starkel who started several games at both Texas A$M and Arkansas before transferring to SJSU. I took a look at their roster thinking Id see a bunch of D1 transfers like Starkel but they really dont have that many, they have some JUCO guys as to be expected but most of their roster and contributors at least in the skill positions are HS guys. What stood out to me was that their roster is filled with kids from powerhouse high schools. Apparently their plan is to go get kids that played at a high level in HS, but maybe werent quite good enough to get a P5 shot. Seems like a pretty solid approach.

Reactions: rorebel24
ADVERTISEMENT