ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting success verse top programs

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
I am only listed the major programs that UNLV competed against and not lower level:

Alex Lines - He was listed by most to go to BYU. offers from Boise State, Colorado, Iowa St., Louisville, Memphis, Oregon St., Syracuse, Utah, Utah St.

Leshaun Bell - Was originally a lock for Arizona St before UNLV got involved late in the recruiting. offers from Washington St., Arizona St., Oregon St., also had offers from almost all of the MWC.

Danthony Jones - offers from Boise State, Houston, UAB, USF

Doug Brumfield - offers from Kansas, Rutgers, Utah

Ronald Gilliam - Arizona St., Florida, Kansas, Oregon

Justin Pinkney - Oregon St., Auburn, BYU

Adam Plant - highest level player for the current UNLV recruits transfer from TCU.

I used just one site which probably didn't list all of their offers, but both of those you list count. They make the point that UNLV is starting to recruit head to head with the big boys and win the recruiting battles.

Brennan Scott had offers from basically half the SEC, P12, and B12 as well (committed after your post),

Nice weekend for the Rebs!!

Small word of caution. Not all offers you see listed are actual committable offers. Bama offers a ton of kids but most aren't "committable". The highly ranked kid we got today has a lot of offers listed but it doesn't mean those schools would take his commitment today.

I think it's also fair to say that 17-18 year old dudes can be impulsive. They visit a new facility, get the star treatment and are apt to make a quick decision.

Verbal commitments aren't binding.

I like what we are seeing, but trying not to get overly excited just yet.

I think it's also fair to say that 17-18 year old dudes can be impulsive. They visit a new facility, get the star treatment and are apt to make a quick decision.

Verbal commitments aren't binding.

I like what we are seeing, but trying not to get overly excited just yet.
Dirk Nelson backed out and now made his commit to CSU. This is one of CTS's guys. Could be CMA didn't want him or he didn't feel the love.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
He was one of the higher rated recruits, but it is best that we know he backed out now so that coach can find an even better replacement.

Dirk Nelson backed out and now made his commit to CSU. This is one of CTS's guys. Could be CMA didn't want him or he didn't feel the love.

Not uncommon.

Every season their is likely to be a player or two poached during the process. Another player or two might not make grades or credits.

Very interesting how this class winds up. normally you just want the coach to salvage the class but arroyo looks like he may actually improve it. Next year's class should be better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT