ADVERTISEMENT

Rebels pull off the Upset over the Aztecs !!! 27-24

I don’t know if I ever seen someone as happy and relieved as CTS when he was walking across the field to shake hands with Rocky Long.

How about that chest bump that laid him out?

Reactions: RebelinWA
After crap fest at mack, nice to have win be proud of team great team effort by football team beat UNR

My opinion is that the team played it's best game of the year because it was in ESPN2.... I cant think of one other reason that we could've won this one...motivation was there, motivation that's been missing in recent games.

I think this counts as our WTF game for the season. As it has been discussed this year, each season we lose 2 or 3 headscratchers and win one game that we have no business winning.

Truthfully I don't think SD St has looked good this season, but they usually find a way to win the games they are supposed to win on paper, except this game. That's the tipping point I've been waiting for, when the rebels find a way to win against teams we "should" beat.

Anyways... enjoy this one rebels. Hopefully it breathes a little confidence into the team and they can get a win against a decent Hawaii team.

Reactions: j. spilotro
On the radio the announcer said UNLV has not played well at SDst recently. So I said out loud in the car which I was by myself, duh where have they played well.

Last edited:
harry1.gif

I hate diminishing a win. UNLV looked very good last night.

SDSU is 7-2 and still has a fantastic defense.

That said, all seven of their wins were 8 points or less. They've been playing with fire. To their credit they've done what good teams do and won.

The b-ball game was so pathetic that I sat back and watched the football game most of the time. My expectation was that after a good first half, one that traded two field goals for possible touchdowns, and had SDSU score a late TD to take a one point lead, we would have our usual second half collapse.

The optimist in me was thinking we get the ball to start the second half, so we were theoretically in a good place. But rebel reality soon hit with SDSU scoring 10 unanswered points to start the second half. Then amazingly, it was like the curse was lifted in the fourth quarter. A great TD catch by Presley, I think, good defensive stand, and then Lex's amazing run to give us the lead. We even had a successful 2 point conversion. SDSU still had 3 minutes to tie or win. The script could still end as it usually did, with the other scoring late to win, but we had a chance. When Franklin intercepted that pass I was thinking don't try to be a hero, and on queue, he took a knee.

The baffling thing to me, and most of us rebel fans, is how in hell can a team that looked so bad in its previous games, all of a sudden look like a decent college football team. I have no answer but hope this was not a fluke but some sort of permanent metamorphosis that lasts at least through the UNR game.

Great job rebels.

I was impressed with the Rebels' effort. Lot of big hits.

I'm sure playing on a nationally televised game helped.

Hope they bring that same effort against UNR.

I was impressed with the Rebels' effort. Lot of big hits.

I'm sure playing on a nationally televised game helped.

Hope they bring that same effort against UNR.
As happy as I am with the result, its equally frustrating. If you can do this, why in the hell cant you bring that sort of effort 12 times per year? That effort and the team is bowl eligible.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
As happy as I am with the result, its equally frustrating. If you can do this, why in the hell cant you bring that sort of effort 12 times per year? That effort and the team is bowl eligible.

I felt the same way. But we saw this last year vs Fresno State as well.

The only thing consistent with this team under Sanchez is the inconsistency.

It's frustrating for sure.

It's always a debate, is a team underachieving or are they just bad?

Hate to say this, but the defense looked really good. Really took away the running game, and was it's best against the pass all year. Granted SDSU isn't a great or dynamic offense, but they couldn't run all over us like the have been able to do in the past.

Max made some good throws, missed some easy ones. We had players make plays. Woods, Pressley, Lex. I'd like to see more of that!

This makes me feel better about coming home to watch the UNR game.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT