ADVERTISEMENT

Ready? Best 80’ movie

Rewatch ability matters, IMO. I’ve rewatched movies like Blade Runners and Indiana Jones at least couple per year.

Rewatch ability matters, IMO. I’ve rewatched movies like Blade Runners and Indiana Jones at least couple per year.
Man, it’s tough. I just don’t like “best”.

Something like Fast Times or Back to the Future I can watch whenever they are on TV. Or about a half dozen John Hughes movies. Certainly not incredible tales, certainly flawed... but entertaining enough to keep my attention all these years.

But then you get story movies or great acting movies like Raging Bull or Platoon...

Rocky III
Stripes
Princess Bride
Karate Kid
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Untouchables
Back to the Future
The Breakfast Club
Caddyshack
Vacation

I’m sure I missed 1,000,000 more but those are some I can rewatch and/or quote like crazy (“I do not think that word means what you think it means” comes to my mind whenever someone says something totally wrong).

Rocky III because I’m Italian and black and yellow are the colors of Pittsburgh.

Stripes - “Settle down, Francis.”

Caddyshack.. way too many to type out.

National Lampoons Vacation..
Etc.

Wow - how do you pick the best movie from the best decade? I'll concede that while I love the 80s and 80s movies, movies have come a long way and are much better today than in the past.

All that said, I'll go with

35IHQVBWRBCNFPKY6I5CJU3WVQ.jpg

Other good ones not yet mentioned

Back to the Future 2
Trading Places
Coming to America
Predator
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom ( my personal favorite of the series)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Goonies
Die Hard
Princess Bride
the Shining
Beetlejuice
Full Metal Jacket
The Thing
Scarface

and of course
Transformers the animated movie

Ran is a classic. One of the most critically acclaimed films of all time.
It was but look at the acting..a lot of people to get the notification. Acting is shit.

ET would have been a better choice. 80’s judges are superficial AF

Last edited:
Man, it’s tough. I just don’t like “best”.

Something like Fast Times or Back to the Future I can watch whenever they are on TV. Or about a half dozen John Hughes movies. Certainly not incredible tales, certainly flawed... but entertaining enough to keep my attention all these years.

But then you get story movies or great acting movies like Raging Bull or Platoon...
Man, any Swaze’s I can’t change the channel. Roadhouse is solid.

Wow - how do you pick the best movie from the best decade? I'll concede that while I love the 80s and 80s movies, movies have come a long way and are much better today than in the past.

All that said, I'll go with

35IHQVBWRBCNFPKY6I5CJU3WVQ.jpg

Saw Top Gun at the Parkway Theater next to Boulevard Mall. Saw Empire Strikes Back & Raiders of the Lost Ark there too. Parkway had one of the largest screens in Vegas back then.

Last edited:
Watched the Ghostbuster trailer. I'm a fan - I'll watch it. Looks like Stranger Things with a bigger budget and an A-list actor.

I don't care if Tom Cruise knocked on my door and told me the movie was garbage. I'm watching it opening night.

Watched the Ghostbuster trailer. I'm a fan - I'll watch it. Looks like Stranger Things with a bigger budget and an A-list actor.

I don't care if Tom Cruise knocked on my door and told me the movie was garbage. I'm watching it opening night.
You will have lots of arm and leg room. Literally .Both in interest and rules.

This movie is getting remade in 2 parts slated for release in December

has a chance to blow Star Wars out the water

These movies shaped my teen years.
Trading Places
Beverly Hills Cop
E.T.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Princess Bride
Back to the Future
The Empire Strikes Back
Full Metal Jacket
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Weird Science
Risky Business
Die Hard
Karate Kid
Caddy Shack
Goonies
Coming To America
Stand by Me
Top Gun

These movies shaped my teen years.
Trading Places
Beverly Hills Cop
E.T.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Princess Bride
Back to the Future
The Empire Strikes Back
Full Metal Jacket
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Weird Science
Risky Business
Die Hard
Karate Kid
Caddy Shack
Goonies
Coming To America
Stand by Me
Top Gun
I’m a bit older, but Porky’s was cool in a “future perve” detector sort of way.

Lot of good movies listed I would add
Better Off Dead
Bill and Teds excellent adventure
Field of Dreams
Glory

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT