ADVERTISEMENT

RB depth

rebneck

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
Was looking at the RBs and, I don't know if this was mentioned here before, but Whitley isn't on the roster anymore. Knew he'd gotten suspended for the first four games, but something more serious seems to have come up, as that wouldn't remove him from the roster. That said, anybody know anything about Worthington or Speaks? I think Greene and Jussila are somewhat known, and incoming freshman Charles Williams looks promising. Somebody's gonna pick up some carries. I don't think Lex and X are going to absorb all of them.

Worthington must sit out as a transfer but has looked good in practice (what that means overall I dont know) but he has good speed/instincts.

In spring you could the reps already being shifted from Whitely (before the suspension was announced) to Thomas/Campbell who I view in this upcoming season as 1 and 1a at the RB spot. In terms of returners outside of them who could see more work with Whitely gone is David Greene. Started out as a safety and special teamer who has battled injuries. When he has the ball he is a good looking athlete and could provide some carries when called upon and is a very physical runner

. Jusilla and Speaks are , as you mentioned, unknown commodities at this point.

This opens the door for incoming Freshman Charles Williams to get involved a little earlier. He performed exceptionally well at the state track meets in the 100 and 200. He could see some touches as he has speed and vision but will need to adjust to the college game. Right now RB belongs to Thomas and then Campbell.

Was looking at the RBs and, I don't know if this was mentioned here before, but Whitley isn't on the roster anymore. Knew he'd gotten suspended for the first four games, but something more serious seems to have come up, as that wouldn't remove him from the roster. That said, anybody know anything about Worthington or Speaks? I think Greene and Jussila are somewhat known, and incoming freshman Charles Williams looks promising. Somebody's gonna pick up some carries. I don't think Lex and X are going to absorb all of them.

Green is a real wild card. He had some real nice moments during Spring. You could argue he has the best combination of size and speed. His biggest problem has been staying healthy. I think either he or incoming freshmen C. Williams will get the rest of carries after Thomas and Campbell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT