ADVERTISEMENT

Randal Grimes

khokhol8

National Player of the Year
May 24, 2012
Did you see this Facebook Post about Randal Grimes? It was posted May 24th.

So 11 PM I decide to finally get my car out of the garage where it has been parked for two weeks without moving it and drive to Wendy’s for a salad.
On second thought I’ll drive around maybe to the strip listening to my music in my car. But I’m veering to the right so I pull in a gas station and my tire is flat. I don’t know how to work the air pump. about that time a young lady and fella pull up and I asked the girl could you help me put air in my tire? He will help you she said. And that he did. He said the tire was not holding the air and he would be happy to put my spare on. This nice young man Randal was his name, Worked so hard because my jack was too small and the Lugnuts were too tight. I told him I would call my AAA and he said no ma’am I’m not letting you stand out here and wait for AAA it’s a dangerous neighborhood. As he finished up... the girl mentioned that he's a football player, so I probed as to where he plays etc. Well turns out he’s the #1 Wide receiver for the UNLV Rebels. Randal Grimes. 6’4” 210 pounds. 21 yr old Perfect gentleman. Sometimes life throws things at you that make you smile and realize there are lots of good people out there
1f3c8.png

97126992_10219075663695063_7878525116852731904_n.jpg

So 11 PM I decide to finally get my car out of the garage where it has been parked for two weeks without moving it and drive to Wendy’s for a salad.
On second thought I’ll drive around maybe to the strip listening to my music in my car. But I’m veering to the right so I pull in a gas station and my tire is flat. I don’t know how to work the air pump. about that time a young lady and fella pull up and I asked the girl could you help me put air in my tire? He will help you she said. And that he did. He said the tire was not holding the air and he would be happy to put my spare on. This nice young man Randal was his name, Worked so hard because my jack was too small and the Lugnuts were too tight. I told him I would call my AAA and he said no ma’am I’m not letting you stand out here and wait for AAA it’s a dangerous neighborhood. As he finished up... the girl mentioned that he's a football player, so I probed as to where he plays etc. Well turns out he’s the #1 Wide receiver for the UNLV Rebels. Randal Grimes. 6’4” 210 pounds. 21 yr old Perfect gentleman. Sometimes life throws things at you that make you smile and realize there are lots of good people out there
1f3c8.png

Always happy to see Rebels out in the community helping people. Even better that it happened this way, where it wasn't with the intent of going out to make a difference, just a young man being a good person.

1f3c8.png

That’s genuine, it’s awesome, it’s the way you want young kids to be. Well, everyone to be. It’s obvious that whoever raised him did a great job and raised him well. This is what we need in this country.

He’d shoot to the top of my favorite list even if he had hands of stone.

The thing is - a kid like this - he makes it. Might not be the NFL, it might be. But he’s going to make it.

Ps, I’m a bit angry because you made me open up FB for the first time in a week and search out the post so I could share.

Heard about this from my wife a few weeks ago I think. it was on Facebook. I said "pshyyaaaa, of course! Its Randal Grimes. He's awesome."

Awesomeness. Greatness. Magnificentness. Fabulousness. Magnanimous. I am greatness. I am a Rebel!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT