ADVERTISEMENT

QB Situation

Lvreb86

National Player of the Year
Feb 6, 2010
Anyone know whats going on with the QB room? Obviously I am assuming Brumfield will redshirt. But what about Justin Rogers? Will he be eligible and if so what do you do with Armani and Kenyon?

When it comes to Armani I think he needs to switch positions we have seen what he can do.

If Rogers isn't eligible I think Kenyon has a real chance to take the next step. 54% completion over 2k yards 18tds 9 int as a freshman is bad and he throws a beautiful ball. If he can get up around 58-59% 2800 yards and around 28tds- 7 or 8 int he has a real shot at keeping the job.

I'm excited for Roger and to see what he can do. Hopefully he's healthy and doesn't have a dead foot, guys don't get ranked that high and not be successful. Either way I think we are in good hands with Justin and Kenyon it will be fun to watch the QB battle.

I totally forgot about him gees that qb room is STACKED he had some really really good offers. And then 2021 we have the guy from Hawaii who is a pretty big qb commit. I have to imagine some transfer. This is probably the best gb group we've ever had at unlv.

I hated being right about Armani because it hurt our team but Armani is what he is. He's in his own head and he could have 3 NFL QB coaches with him and he'll still do it his way. I won't break it down more than that because then I know it seems I'm critical of the young man. I really wish he improved but I'm pessimistic he will beyond what he is now. He's also not changing positions. Partially for the factor I pointed out already.

I hated being right about Armani because it hurt our team but Armani is what he is. He's in his own head and he could have 3 NFL QB coaches with him and he'll still do it his way. I won't break it down more than that because then I know it seems I'm critical of the young man. I really wish he improved but I'm pessimistic he will beyond what he is now. He's also not changing positions. Partially for the factor I pointed out already.

That's what is nice about a coaching change in this regard. Arroyo has no promises (if there was or not) to Armani. He doesn't have to force him as the starter. So it'll be up to AR. To accept a role as a back up or special package player. Switch to a different position, or perhaps both? It's hard for me to believe that he will win the job given the candidates we have in the room

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
The playcalling and "RPO" offense contributed a lot to AR's low completion percentage.

In 46 games as a Rebel, Lex Thomas caught just 43 passes. Charles Williams caught just 7 last season. How many catches will Williams have under the new system this year?

Those short quick screen plays to RBs force the QB to stick with the play call and presumably are high percentage.

Last edited:
Reactions: j. spilotro
The playcalling and "RPO" offense contributed a lot to AR's low completion percentage.

In 46 games as a Rebel, Lex Thomas caught just 43 passes. Charles Williams caught just 7 last season. How many catches will Williams have under the new system this year?

Those short quick screen plays to RBs force the QB to stick with the play call and presumably are high percentage.
New Coach and New QB, hopefully, will provide new stats. Don't get stuck in the past.

Do you think AR could be effective at TE, FB, or even LB, as athletically he might be a fit for any of those positions?

Do you think there is a chance he would be willing to play one of those positions? It was interesting when Caleb Herring commented that some guys are just QBs and won't consider any other spot (I wasn't sure if he was implying that if he had it to do over again he wouldn't have played another position)... but in the past decade we've seen not only Caleb Herring switch positions to get on the field, but also Dalton Sneed, Johnny Stanton, and Vic Viramontes.

I was thinking AR would be perfect (athletically) as an edge pass rusher. He already looks similar physically to those who excel in the NFL at that position.

Will he change positions and volunteer to take the ball out of his hands? I seriously doubt it.

I was thinking AR would be perfect (athletically) as an edge pass rusher. He already looks similar physically to those who excel in the NFL at that position.

Will he change positions and volunteer to take the ball out of his hands? I seriously doubt it.
Man, we are talking some massive state of mind changes. Stanton had no problem with hitting, he wanted the field. Not everyone has that mindset.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT