ADVERTISEMENT

QB for Iowa St

StoneDog21

NBA Draft Pick
Aug 12, 2005
It appears that Brumfield is day-to-day following his undisclosed injury on Saturday against ASU. At this point, I feel like it's anybody's guess who will play on Saturday. Brumfield? Rogers? Martell? Heck, if Brumfield and Martell are still out, we might even see Friel over Rogers.

Arroyo is such a dick, he won't even mention Tate Martell by name concerning other QBs stepping in if Doug's injury causes him to miss any time:

Yeah he mentioned Cam (Friel) by name. I wonder if that’s because he might be the next man up for Saturday now. Or did he name him because he’s the bottom of the chart below Rogers and Tate.

Have a hard time understanding the irritation to such questions.

Anyone who watched the first two games knows Rogers has had an extremely rough first two games?

UNLV has a long history of head coaches having falling in love with highly touted struggling passers. Rocky Hinds, Armani Rogers, Nick Sherry were the guys tied to the careers of the last three coaches.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who watched the first two games knows Rogers has had an extremely rough first two games?

UNLV has a long history of head coaches having falling in love with highly touted struggling passers. Rocky Hinds, Armani Rogers, Nick Sherry were the guys tied to the careers of the last three coaches.

It dates back to early in camp. Martell wasn't even practicing yet and the first 4 questions after practice were about Martell.

Arroyo answered it like most coaches would.

'I want to talk about the guys who are actually practicing'.

There's some truth to that. But I don't think Arroyo is tied to the hip of Justin Rogers, as evidenced by Brumfield being named starter for game 2.

If Rogers gets the start this week, it will have more to do with...

1) Not wanting to start a true freshman in Friel.
2) Rogers (despite struggles) being most familiar with playbook.
3) Martell not being ready yet.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Arroyo would want to create drama by bringing in a highly touted guy like Martell and then letting him stagnate on the bench. Makes no sense. If Martell is the best guy in practice you absolutely start him. If he isn't, you don't.

Reactions: Mojo702 and dcut03
I could be wrong, but I don't think Arroyo would want to create drama by bringing in a highly touted guy like Martell and then letting him stagnate on the bench. Makes no sense. If Martell is the best guy in practice you absolutely start him. If he isn't, you don't.
Exactly....Arroyo is either doing what he thinks is best to win football games or he's an idiot.

Exactly....Arroyo is either doing what he thinks is best to win football games or he's an idiot.

I'm not pumped or down about the prospect of Martell starting. I'm pretty indifferent.

Whoever gives us the best chance to win games, start them.

Martell could end up starting and light it up.

He may struggle as well since there might not be enough around him to make a difference.

For me the ideal scenario..

Brumfield is healthy enough to play, continues to grow and improve. UNLV may have found themselves a QB with him. Rebels take their lumps, but as season wears on show signs of improvement.

Brumfield is only a RS freshman, there are going to be some bumps. But he's looked poised, made some plays with his arm and his feet. Receivers have let him down multiple times.

Guys, we have a chance!!!

Im happy to see both Friel and Tate!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT