ADVERTISEMENT

Program identity

LosAngelRebel

Starter
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2015
To start off just a lil history I was stoked when Rice got the job and through the first 2 years I never doubted he was the right guy. Year 3 with all the issues I had some concerns and year 4 I have pretty much lost faith and really questioned if Rice is the guy. Obviously he is just killing it on the recruiting trail which is a wonderful change from the Kruger years. We have the talent now to really compete with anyone in the country.

My concern has to do with what is our identity...in most cases great programs have an established identity and that enables them to stay successful when players leave and new ones come in. I have been asking myself all year what is our identity.

Rice acknowledged when he was hired that style was an important part of this program...but actions speak louder then words and I haven't seen anything on the court that leads me to believe we are going to be the Runnin Rebels. Even when the defense was better in early years we still didn't create turnovers...how do you run and get out in transition without forcing turnover or pushing tempo?

I felt like this was basically a lost year...great improvement on Individual level but what team concepts are going to carry over. There was only a handful of games we really pushed the pace and made other team uncomfortable. It seems like we just take the best players we can get without a good idea of how they fit together and we end of with a bunch of mismatched pieces.

Maybe some one who sees what we do in practice but what is the style of play and identity we are building too?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News