ADVERTISEMENT

Players still on the list for UNLV recruiting

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
These players still have UNLV in consideration for their recruiting: (all from scout ratings)

The first four listed have either already had or are in the middle of official visits:

Dru Mathis ILB 6'3" 240 lb - 0.86 rating with 3*. Illinois, Nebraska, UNLV, Oregon, UCLA - top 5 warm choices, also has offers from Baylor, TCU, and Houston

Andrew Parchment WR 6'3" 185 lb - 0.86 rating with 3*. UNLV is currently the favorite, also has offers from Hawaii, Arkansas St, Bowling Green, Ball St, Colorado St, Iowa St., Kansas, Miami (OH), Southern Miss, Troy, UAB, UTSA, and Western Kentucky - UNLV is the only warm interest, all of the others are listed as cool

Justin Ford CB 6'2" 175 lb - not rated. UNLV is his only listed favorite all others cool. Has offers from Kansas, BYU, Liberty, Montana.

Brandon Maddox DT 6'4" 270 lb - 0.82 rating with 3*. - commit to Vandy

Following are players UNLV is recruiting but have not visited as of yet:

Tuasivi Numora OLB 6'1" 195 lb - 0.84 rating with 3*. Utah St and USC are favored with UNLV and Iowa St right behind them. Also has offers from Colorado, Air Force, Arizona St., Army, Colorado St, Hawaii, Navy, unr, New Mexico, SJSU, UC Davis, and Wyoming.

Payton Dixon RB 5'11" 187 lb - 0.81 rating with 3*. Montana, UNLV and UCLA are favored. Also has offers from Fresno, Idaho St, unr, NAU, Northern Colorado, Portland St, UC Davis and Wyoming.

Brandon Shivers CB 6'1" 175 lb - 0.85 rating with 3*. UNLV is currently listed as the favorite. Also has offers from Michigan St. SDSU, Arizona, Iowa St, Louisville, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, NM St., Oregon, Oregon St, SMU, Syracus and Utah who are all listed as cool interest.

Demarcus Gilmore OG 6'5" 320 lb - not rated. offers from UTSA and UNLV

Also has a couple other players with interest that I have not listed.

Last edited:
Maddox would seem to be biggest need.

Dixon might be important as well. With Campbell, Thomas and Owen's gone there is a need to replenish depth at RB.

Williams is the only guy returning with significant reps.

Add Jordan Smith to the list. 3 star 8500 rating per 247 sports SDE out of Butler JC. They snuck him in here last night for an official visit. Hasn't committed yet, but UNLV looks like the best bet for his landing spot.

Rahmod Smith a 3* TE just tweeted that he is "reevaluating his options & reopening his recruitment. He verbally committed July 2018. He just got back from a visit to FAU so my guess he got flipped.

Solid class so far like most have stated with some interesting names floating as possibilities but I am wondering if there might be some signing day surprises. Any clues out there?

I really looked at Justin Ford as a fallback with numerous better options available. I hope we get shivers who is a highly ranked CB at the same position.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Lane Kiffin. F*
In a very indirect manner since he stole John Garrison from us and Garrison was his original recruiter for the Rebs two years ago. Surprised he didn't get pursued more by Pitt since he was pretty close with Ben Cotton when he was a GA for us but he may not have liked the idea of playing in the cold.

Shivers is overrated. His tape from his Senior sucks, his Junior year tape is good, but I don't see the big with him. There is a reason why SDSU dropped him

If you can show me anything that says SDSU dropped him, I would like to see it, everything I have seen shows he dropped SDSU. He has offers from numerous high level programs that are well above SDSU.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/230683/brandon-shivers

https://247sports.com/college/san-diego-state/Season/2019-Football/Decommits/

https://thedailynewsregister.com/az...iting-unspecified-changes-within-the-program/

Schools often tell players that they are no longer on their board but allow them to "de-commit" so it doesn't make the kid look bad. Also not sure if those "high level schools" still have interest and if so why isn't he locked into one of them?

There could be a number of reasons as to why he dropped SDSU/ they dropped him. Maybe SDSU thought he wouldn’t fit into their scheme. Maybe he thought he wouldn’t get enough reps. Maybe he hates the weather in San Diego and would rather play in Idaho for the snow. Maybe his dream degree is that basket weaving bachelors from Boise. Who knows? Its a personal choice thing. Like for me, I can’t imagine why in the world anyone would want to play in reno.

I wouldn’t mind having him on the UNLV roster, our corner play is pretty inconsistent. Having a taller corner isn’t such a bad thing.

I don't believe he has an offer from Boise State. I think the only recent offer he has is UNM immediately after he decommitted from SDSU.

Brandon Shivers is a curious case. He entered the season highly regarded, but the season stats I saw on him (http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/brandon-shivers/Pz81g0igEea-8KA2nzwbTA/default.htm) he had only 25 total tackles, one interception, one deflected pass, and one forced fumble - but most of his numbers came early in the season and by the end of the year he was getting about one tackle per game. His team plays at the 4A level (the third highest level in Arizona) but he was not one of the 6 DBs to earn all-state 1st/2nd team at that level - but two other DBs on his team did. On paper he looks like the kind of "3-star" that Bobby Hauck would suddenly land in February.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT