ADVERTISEMENT

Perplexing Expectations/ASU Mentions

Jay's Rebel's

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
May 4, 2012
The College BB world is saying that ASU has cemented themselves as a top-ten team and the top program out West as of today, especially and rightfully so after this W over KU.. YET THIS IS VERY PERPLEXING because honestly, I feel that the Rebs match up well-above them and would BEAT them by anywhere from 10-20 points (at a neutral site or at home home)...

Hear me out..

ASU literally only has a 7 man rotation, and although these 7 MEN are truly talented and efficient in their defensive prowess and scoring abilities, with 2 guys capable of putting up 30 point games; OF these 7 men, 3 are freshmen and 3 are Forwards who are between 6'7-6'10 (2 of which are the freshmen)... With the right defensive game plan, the ability to lessen or even take away completely their usual 3-point % outputs, and not to mention, we would have BM and SJ absolutely dominating their bigs, which would overcome their electric guards' point outputs. With all of this, IMO the Rebs would ware them out and finish the game out rather dominantly.. This could be wishful thinking but this team has shown me enough talent, depth, and positional mismatches to come to this conclusion.

The reason I'm drawing this comparison or contrast, well simply, is because the more research i do on the size, depth, college eligibility experience, and the overall nucleus of talented bigs and guards that these Big-Time programs have, the more I'm realizing that the Rebs have a more than competitive nucleus, with better depth, that match-up well and can exploit many of the rosters on the West Coast and currently in the top 25..

Hope I'm not the only one on this...

This is my perplexity: IF ASU is now an undefeated, projected top-ten team that just took down KU, and given my ASU matchup prediction, what should our actual expectations be moving forward??

I'm trying not to get giddy but I truly believe this team is more than capable and could pull off a very special season in the MWC season and BEYOND!!

What are your boys' expectations for MWC play and beyond?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News