ADVERTISEMENT

Palandech Gets the Nod

rebelbuck

Retired Number
Aug 14, 2007
According to Mark Anderson of the RJ, Kurt will be the starter with Decker available as emergency back up, says he is 80% recovered.

Will be interesting to see what Cotton comes up with to keep the offense moving. Big thing will be making good decisions and a passing game that keeps the D honest.

Cotton will need to open up the playbook more with Palandech. I imagine we'll see Palandech throw a bit more with having the week to prepare, and knowing he'll be the guy this week.

Yeah, I think we will see a lot of the roll out type throws that cut the field in half and make decisions a lot quicker/Easier. As long as we can establish the run I think we will be fine.

Cotton will need to open up the playbook more with Palandech. I imagine we'll see Palandech throw a bit more with having the week to prepare, and knowing he'll be the guy this week.
I think it would be smart to let him throw on first down a bit to keep the defense honest.

This ought to be very interesting. On the one hand, it seems that Kurt is at his best running and throwing on the move. He is clearly not a drop back QB. How much do you want him to run knowing that Decker is the only backup and he has an injured shoulder? Kurt has to run some to keep the D honest but you sure as hell don't want him getting injured!

Against Reno, the coaches kept tight reins on Kurt calling plays designed to keep us from losing. This worked out, barely, but we started with a 13 point lead. This coming Saturday, the calls will have to be more aggressive with the idea that it is Kurt's game to win instead of his game to not lose.

Go rebels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT