ADVERTISEMENT

Ouch!!

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Did we have a good class or is it just a load of Happy Talk?

Reactions: bcvegaspt

Looks like they're only counting the HS commits, so 10 guys. Many of our guys coming in are JuCo and/or transfers.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

247 does a shitty job with us and doesn't have all of our commits listed. They're missing some HS commits still. Seems like a lot of other teams have every single commit on their site.

There is more to the story for sure. I saw somewhere that our LSU transfer was NR, though he may be one of the higher touted recruits in the league.

But there is probably some truth to it as well. Odom is not known for producing highly rated recruiting classes.

Also he had a relatively late start, so we will see next year. But I wouldn't be surprised if Arroyo gets higher rated classed than Odom.

That's all fine and dandy if we win.

Let’s hope with Odom, players get coached up into better players. That’s the job when you are around college age kids, get them bigger, stronger, faster and better than when they first showed up!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Not terrible concerned with class rankings, Weve had high rated classes that couldnt win games. Im more interested in how these players fit the systems they're recruited for and if they're upgrades over either guys they're replacing or competing against.

We will find out how good this recruiting class is very soon.

Thanks for posting this. Its my first time seeing a list that is accurate for the most part, but seeing us have a higher ranked class than Fresno and Boise is nice. I'm sure in the long run, our 2023 class will have the biggest impact in the conference compared to other teams.

I'd like to know if anyone can find where he got this stat from? It's nowhere near the 247 website for the MWC that has us second lowest just ahead of NM.
It is the same information from that site. One number is the total and the other number the average.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I’m not as familiar with the football recruiting schedule. Will there be more opportunities to bring in recruits for this coming season or has the door closed?

I’m not as familiar with the football recruiting schedule. Will there be more opportunities to bring in recruits for this coming season or has the door closed?
Yes, and 247 only has us with 10 signees. It's not updated. Also, as was mentioned above, we're weak with HS players because Arroyo did almost nothing in his last 12 months with recruiting. Tough for Odom to come in and win over HS recruits in a short period of time.

Yes, and 247 only has us with 10 signees. It's not updated. Also, as was mentioned above, we're weak with HS players because Arroyo did almost nothing in his last 12 months with recruiting. Tough for Odom to come in and win over HS recruits in a short period of time.
and lets face it... With the portal and the amount of talent out there, if your in his position where you want to win fast and win now, you dont need a large HS signing class this year. Experienced transfer and select impact freshman or ones you want to see in a year at our level is a lot better than 20-30 HS freshman where 50% might not be on the team over the next 2 years

The transfer portal should be available to us into the summer time… I believe that this guy along with Scherer and Marion will take full advantage of what’s out there!

Reactions: reagan21
Please remember that 24/7 is extremely slow to update non power conference recruiting. If we ever get to the Pac 12 this will not be an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT