ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Zaon sentenced..

Nope,This would be a PR nightmare especially since this happened locally.
His best bet might to go the JC route or something alternative. We know the kid can play, he can continue to improve that. It’s whether he can stay straight. If he stays clean and plays well, some D1 will take a shot. I don’t think D1 would do that right now. Somebody may though. It might be the best time in modern history to do wrong because a lot of people don’t care, it has a short shelf life. So who knows?

Should UNLV take him? That’s KK’s call. I don’t think they should, I don’t think I would, not at this moment. Perhaps the future. I don’t think KK will do it. Too much risk and it’s probably better for the kid to get away from here … I don’t know his entire situation.

Reactions: Sharktank91
Nope,This would be a PR nightmare especially since this happened locally.
can’t sign him at UNLV. Would be extremely stupid for KK to bring that negative attention to the program. He should go JC and maybe potentially play for a small D1 program in a couple years. Hopefully he has his head on straight now.

It wouldn’t even make sense for UNLV to sign him right away anyways. He hasn’t played meaningful basketball in 3 years. Best case he’d be backing up Dedan. You don’t take on that negative PR for a backup

Last edited:
Worse scenario than Lloyd daniels..keep on the right path at this point..taken years to even start a rebuild ...potential downright boycott

I don’t know how to explain the impairment one has when “STONED” on Weed.

There’s “High” and then there’s “Stoned”.

Same as “buzzed” and “Drunk”.

It’s highly dangerous when operating a vehicle. If you watch the movie,”Friday” you can see the visual affects when Smokey is waving his hand at the camera.

When operating a vehicle stoned on Marijuana. You’ll be driving but your memory will go to absolute shit. You’ll make a turn but your memory will have at least an 8 or 9 second delay. It is ridiculously scary.

When I worked at Tropical smoothie at Red Rock, after a hard day of work, I would get absolutely stoned and drive immediately home back when I was a padawan learner and not the master Jedi smoker that I am today. I once drove down Charleston going 50 miles per hour and I remember hitting my back wheel on the curb making a left onto Rampart from Charleston. The only problem is, I hit the median going into the Chinese restaraunt with the giant horse and not the turn going into Rampart. I clipped the median and spun straight ahead and broke hard. I was in the middle of the interrsection of Rampart/Charleston. I can see drivers pulling over and calling the cops. Luckily, I drove off and nobody else was killed or injured.

I learned a valuable lesson that day.

I was very lucky at the time. Unlike Zaon, he took someone else’s life but he has a chance to make up for it by playing basketball professionally and paying restitution to the victim’s family.

It depends on the situation. If Coach Kev is having a bad year, he should absolutely go after Zaon.

I for one wouldn’t give a crap if Kruger did rerecruit him. A grown Zaon clean off weed is better than a young Zaon on weed.

I’m all about doing whatever it takes to win..

Worse scenario than Lloyd daniels..keep on the right path at this point..taken years to even start a rebuild ...potential downright boycott
can’t sign him at UNLV. Would be extremely stupid for KK to bring that negative attention to the program. He should go JC and maybe potentially play for a small D1 program in a couple years. Hopefully he has his head on straight now.

It wouldn’t even make sense for UNLV to sign him right away anyways. He hasn’t played meaningful basketball in 3 years. Best case he’d be backing up Dedan. You don’t take on that negative PR for a backup
We are a smaller D1 program though..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT