ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mortal Kombat

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Who else can’t wait for this movie?

It’s coming out Friday

I think it looks a little ridiculous. Like a more violent superhero movie instead of the violent martial arts tournament movie feel the 1995 version had. I'll still watch it but I think the 1995 film will hold up better

I think it looks a little ridiculous. Like a more violent superhero movie....
Which is perfect for the game that willed into existence the ESRB. Im excited for this movie, mostly because of the apparent "leaning into it" of the direction with the source material.

Which is perfect for the game that willed into existence the ESRB. Im excited for this movie, mostly because of the apparent "leaning into it" of the direction with the source material.
The 1995 movie did a great job with the source material. This movie looks like it will ignore it completely outside of a few nods here and there. MK wasn't about superheroes anyways, it was about martial artists who happened to have some magical powers. There's a difference between the Bruce Lee movie feel MK was inspired from and the weird X-Men/Justice League influence this has.

Reactions: LocoRebel
I cannot wait to see the fatalities.

2 months ago, I was at a friends house with her kids.

I told them to put on youtube, all the fatalities.

we watched them all then like the ten year old boy said it was making him feel queasy.

hahhahahahahaha..

the 1995 movie was awesome. You had all the fights done to techno music. It was amazing for its time. Way way way better than Street Fighter with JCVD.

The 1995 movie did a great job with the source material. This movie looks like it will ignore it completely outside of a few nods here and there. MK wasn't about superheroes anyways, it was about martial artists who happened to have some magical powers. There's a difference between the Bruce Lee movie feel MK was inspired from and the weird X-Men/Justice League influence this has.
100% agreed. We probably agree about this more than disagree. I was mostly comparing it to Annihilation,which came out a couple years after the original and included elements of 2 and 2. It was both abandoning ship from source and also terrible on the CG side.

The new movie sucked ass. I thought I was watching The Last Airbender meets the X-Men with more blood and gore. Totally ****ed up the source material too. Liu Kang is reduced to a nobody.

The special effects were good and fatalities were great.

the movie and storyline sucked ass.

1995 movie was better.

The special effects were good and fatalities were great.

the movie and storyline sucked ass.

1995 movie was better.
I was entertained by the story. Dont care for the handling of the lead... but I enjoyed all the familiar characters and their personalities interacting with one another.

Gets my recommendation for any fans of Mortal Kombat.

I was entertained by the story. Dont care for the handling of the lead... but I enjoyed all the familiar characters and their personalities interacting with one another.

Gets my recommendation for any fans of Mortal Kombat.
Kano stole the show.

Reactions: LocoRebel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT