ADVERTISEMENT

OT: legal people, jury duty

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I was just served and filled out my survey for jury duty.

My question is - I thought you were not required to serve again if you’ve done it in the past three years?

I showed up three years ago for a murder trial. At first I was aggravated with the inconvenience .... but I sat for two full days as they whittled it down .... and I was one of the last excused late on the third day of selection. By that point; I was kinda into it and was intrigued by the process, which I didn’t think would happen, and I was kind of disappointed that I didn’t get to serve. And to be honest, I’m quite surprised I wasn’t dismissed early on given my family history with law enforcement on the local and federal level (most would assume I’m tainted towards law and order) and with my background in the sciences. I figured for science background, especially since this case was heavily circumstantial, would make me a polarizing juror - one side is going to want me, the other side isn’t based on their case strength.

But I don’t think that case was over three years ago. If it was, we are just a couple weeks over three years. That’s another question. Are these truly random selections? It seems quite odd not to get one for a couple decades and then get hit with back to backs, especially as the population drastically increased over that time.

If it wasn’t quite three years ago, can I still serve? I’d like to try again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News