ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Joe, How About Those Yankees?

BostonRebel

Rebel Legend
Jun 7, 2001
Didn't expect them to have this kind of season at all, their starting pitching isn't good enough to win it, but I could see them moving to the ALCS and losing to KC in a relatively competitive series. Girardi has done a great job and I would have had no problems if Cashman left last year, but have to give him some credit he's done a good job the last year plus. Letting Cano go obviously a great move, Seattle will be regretting that contract the next decade. Also Didi has been playing fantastic on both sides of the ball since the break, looking a great trade. The best move though IMO letting Robertson walk (who I never liked, in a big spot like Jeter's last game, a chance to tie Baltimore for the division he never delivered) and signing Miller. Then combining him with Betances, combined with Shreve they have the best 1-2-3 closers in the game today.

Some of it has been good fortune, who could predict both ARoid and Texeira having monster seasons like they have, but Headley, Beltran and McCann have improved over last year too. Plus having Nova back healthy has helped a lot. Neither Pineda or Tanaka are quite the same pitcher since their injuries, but they've been good enough as #2-3 starters.

The one thing they have is finally a few good players in the farm system. Supposedly Severino has #1 ace stuff and the one everyone is excited about is Aaron Judge, supposedly a combo of Giancarlo Stanton and Dave Winfield, never saw him play myself, but a ton of scouts have made that comparison and pretty much every team with a good pitcher to trade like the A's, Phillies (numerous times) and Cincy asked for him in a trade so that speaks volumes. I think the horrible last two seasons are behind them anyway. Watching the free agent frenzy Sox in last place is just a bonus [roll]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News