ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC OT - Client of mine needs to hire another IT Technician

XFactorRebel

Jul 11, 2012
Hey fellow Rebels!! Hope nobody minds a little job posting action this morning! (You damn Nevada Wolfpack fans NEED NOT APPLY!) lol

I wanted to reach out and let you know, a company I am currently doing some IT consulting for is in need of an IT Technician, Network/computer/server admin.
I will be continuing to support this client so you will have both the IT Manager and I to bounce ideas off of and of course a small team to work through issues.

The company is Austin General Contracting/Austin Millwork/Austin Door and Hardware and have been around since around 2005. They are one of the premier GC's in the Valley as far as I know.

Responsibilities Include:
  • General network, workstation and server admin - Server 2016, mainly Windows 10 Pro clients/workstations, VoIP phones that are hosted on prem, Active Directory (Hybrid - both Azure and on prem), Exchange Server (both online and on-prem), DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
    • Servers are virtualized using VMWare ESXi vSphere
  • Maintain, image, troubleshoot and setup of client workstations, network servers and mobile devices (iOS, Android and Windows based Surface devices)
    • Knowledge of MDM/Intune/Endpoint for managing these types of devices would be a huge plus.
  • Inventory of company assets and proper maintaining of records associated with equipment regarding deployment and issuance of hardware.
  • General help desk support (partially mentioned above)
    • Knowledge of the Atera RMM IT tool suite a plus
    • Managing issues/assigned help desk tickets
Some knowledge in and around Office 365, Azure products, Intune/Endpoint and Power Apps/Power Automate would and a plus as well.
A few products services from within Microsoft that are being utilized (Office 365, Azure etc)
  • Office 365 Premium licensed users - Exchange online, Teams admin and support etc
  • Microsoft Intune/Endpoint for workstation and mobile device policy and device management (This would be a huge plus)
  • Power Automate and Power Apps - mainly support, editing and development of various flows (This too, would be a huge plus)
Most is pretty general in terms of IT, but the occasional assistance may be needed in some of the IT Managers day-to-day responsibilities.

General Info, requirements etc:
  • Proactive critical thinker
  • Able to think outside the box
  • Able to lift 40 lbs. (But everyone knows this!)
  • Reliable and Focused
  • Integrity
  • Proven analytical in troubleshooting and problem solving
The nitty-gritty:
Pay range is around $18.03 - $21.60 per hour
AGC (after a probationary period) has availability of a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and 401K.

Let me know if any of you have any questions!

Brandon
XFactorRebel

Reactions: j. spilotro
They may have a tough time finding people in that price range. My son who just cam out of the military as a communications/IT expert, who is 22, is starting at over $80K per year. Starting pay for most fast food jobs is now closing in on $15/hr

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT