ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon state and Washington st?

Still a lot up in the air. Assuming it's true that Oregon and Washington are going to the Big 10, then for sure AZ will leave for the Big 12, that leaves 6 schools. The big questions are:
1. Will the Big 12 take more schools?
2. Will the try to merge with the ACC or another conference?
3. Will Stanford and Cal go independent, sort of like Notre Dame?
4. Will the PAC try to raid the MWC, WCC, etc, to bring it back to 10 or so?

Gotta see how many schools from the PAC end up making a jump before we'll know much it seems.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
MWC exit fee for 24, in 25 MWC teams are free, that said PAC is dead, could MWC change and become new PAC with OSU/WSU? See if SMU/Memphis

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Still a lot up in the air. Assuming it's true that Oregon and Washington are going to the Big 10, then for sure AZ will leave for the Big 12, that leaves 6 schools. The big questions are:
1. Will the Big 12 take more schools?
2. Will the try to merge with the ACC or another conference?
3. Will Stanford and Cal go independent, sort of like Notre Dame?

Gotta see how many schools from the PAC end up making a jump before we'll know much it seems.
This guy from the Fort Collins Coloradoan has as many questions as you:

Reactions: LVRebel2000
They can't get MWC teams until 2025 at beat bases on buy out.

Hard to imagine anybody being interested in their nonexistant TV deal, which undoubtedly will not be the same as what Apple recently offered.

The 12 team playoff structure was only locked in for 2 seasons, so that will get rewritten to lock in most at large space from power 4, so after 2026, the only benefit pac 12 will have left is its name. Which has entirely been dragged through the mud.

Let's not forget the NCAA $$ shares the PAC has coming. I don't know what they add up to but I'd say it's more than chicken scratch. So, merge the PAC 4 with the MW and re-brand, if it can be done without heavy casualties. Would we then be playing for a spot in the Rose Bowl? I'm sure Gloria and Boris... er, I mean, George... have been having these discussions already. As many have stated already, WSU and OSU already are good fits with the MW membership. If Stanford wants to go indy, they can give it a try. They don't have church or military connections, so they may discover that, outside of students and alumni, not many give a 💩about the Cardinal. And Cal... well, I think they weren't already invited elsewhere due to their lack of commitment to athletics. If they want to spend small $$, they'd fit in with the MW, where the membership already does this out of necessity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT