ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon and Washington join the Big 10

So when do all of these departures take place? The school year is almost starting and most schedules have already been made. Are USC/UCLA playing in the PAC or B10 this year? Is Colorado playing in the Big 12 or Pac 12 this year? Now, if true, what about OR and WA? Will they be after this year?

So when do all of these departures take place? The school year is almost starting and most schedules have already been made. Are USC/UCLA playing in the PAC or B10 this year? Is Colorado playing in the Big 12 or Pac 12 this year? Now, if true, what about OR and WA? Will they be after this year?
I would think this is their last year. They are free to go as of June 30, 2024. The current media contract will have expired and there won't be a conference left to pay any exit fees.

PAC IS DEAD! I thought Thompson was horrible commish! Wow

It looks like OSU/WSU and Cal/Stanford will be left.

Big ten 18, Big 12 to 16, if they takes Utah/ASU and Arizona, great hoops, but football is the key,
Dream and miracle what if Big 12 wanted 18, Aztecs and UNLV, pipe dream?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
PAC IS DEAD! I thought Thompson was horrible commish! Wow

It looks like OSU/WSU and Cal/Stanford will be left.

Big ten 18, Big 12 to 16, if they takes Utah/ASU and Arizona, great hoops, but football is the key,
Dream and miracle what if Big 12 wanted 18, Aztecs and UNLV, pipe dream?
In Whitfield we trust!

• Haha
Reactions: rickyb55
As usual, I have no inside knowledge or contacts. It is crazy how money-centric and corrupt college athletics has become. I am relieved that Utah appears to be going to the Big 12. The Big 10 would have been better, but is not meant to be in this realignment cycle. I believe that things will work out for best for UNLV in the long term, if UNLV leadership can execute on their vision. Before recent events, some (not me) would have ranked UNLV behind Cal, Stanford, Washington State, Oregon State, UCONN, Memphis, SDSU, SMU, and maybe even BSU, CSU, Tulane, Fresno, and USF. Now, with respect to conference affiliation for those schools, it is a level playing field. If UNLV can execute, it could position itself, due to its facilities, stadium, improving academics, increasing media market, NIL support, recent commitment to football, etc, at the top of the list for future realignment. I hope UNLV gets into a best of the rest conference in the short term and ends up in the Big 12 or even the SEC long term.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT