ADVERTISEMENT

ONE. MORE. YEAR!!!!

Just as well can the program or better yet, bring back Marvelous Marvin as head basketball coach and TKM as AD!
I call that the perfect death to athletic program!

I would seriously love to see Sanchez back with an increased budget to bring in a top flight Offensive Coordinator. The Defense is really starting to play much better but most of the time our play calling sucks.

But what I really like about CTS is that he loves Vegas & he loves the Rebels and is totally all in for doing anything and everything he can to elevate Rebel Football. I feel like every other coach that has been here recently is just in it for the job and nothing more. Would love to see what he could do given 3 more years and a budget for better assistants. It just seems cold blooded to throw him to the curb after doing what needed to be done to bring in the facilities.

Sorry Bull, it’s how I feel. The dude with the headset will have won 3 cannon games in 5 years if we pull it off next week and we only had it once in the 10 years before he arrived.

Of course if we lose next week the chances of him returning will be diminished tremendously.

Reactions: RIZZ16
Just as well can the program or better yet, bring back Marvelous Marvin as head basketball coach and TKM as AD!
I call that the perfect death to athletic program!
Yeah, that’s kinda where I was going with this insane direction. I can’t do it with a straight face and know I sound like an idiot. But, you know, it’s that stance, that “future is bright, slow growth is the recipe” when it currently sucks and the future is dark and all but a few can see it. Some people play up that angle, I figured it would be my audition for insanity. I just can’t do it with a straight face though.

Reactions: UNLVINMD
I would seriously love to see Sanchez back with an increased budget to bring in a top flight Offensive Coordinator. The Defense is really starting to play much better but most of the time our play calling sucks.

But what I really like about CTS is that he loves Vegas & he loves the Rebels and is totally all in for doing anything and everything he can to elevate Rebel Football. I feel like every other coach that has been here recently is just in it for the job and nothing more. Would love to see what he could do given 3 more years and a budget for better assistants. It just seems cold blooded to throw him to the curb after doing what needed to be done to bring in the facilities.

Sorry Bull, it’s how I feel. The dude with the headset will have won 3 cannon games in 5 years if we pull it off next week and we only had it once in the 10 years before he arrived.

Of course if we lose next week the chances of him returning will be diminished tremendously.

I hear ya...I respect your opinion...

But.

I can't get excited about another 4 win result...

He's not the answer. If you have to bring in better coordinators to prop up your HC, you need a new HC...

Back to back 5 win seasons wasn't good enough for Sanford, back to back 4 win seasons shouldn't be enough for Sanchez...

I buy tickets to watch my team play football and hopefully win.. I want my coach to excell at Xs and Os not fundraising.

Yeah, that’s kinda where I was going with this insane direction. I can’t do it with a straight face and know I sound like an idiot. But, you know, it’s that stance, that “future is bright, slow growth is the recipe” when it currently sucks and the future is dark and all but a few can see it. Some people play up that angle, I figured it would be my audition for insanity. I just can’t do it with a straight face though.
I hope UNLV sends Sanchez a winner against Reno, but no way he can comeback as coach, the program cannot even compete even MWC, with facility and stadium, DRF has to bring in coach who can win. 18 wins in 5 years is enough, no improvement at all, beat San Jose st does nothing, next yr schedule is much harder, no way he wins 4 games next yr, cut ties now and thank him.

I still like Tony and would still like to keep him but in a different role like as head pr or head recruiter

Reactions: bcvegaspt
The dude with the headset will have won 3 cannon games in 5 years if we pull it off next week and we only had it once in the 10 years before he arrived.
That's a pretty BIG IF right there. I need to see that cannon red on Saturday evening before I’d listen to any 6th year arguments. IMHO the 3 cannon wins would be the only on-field accomplishment argument for retention.

I don’t think Mora even batted .500 at UCLA. Do we really want that?

He was 46 - 30 with two 10 win seasons.

Last two years weren't great.

He put a number of guys in the NFL...

Yeah, I'd take it....Not my first or second or third choice, but I'd take it...

Just to many bad losses under Sanchez..To many head scratching games..

Last few performances vs Hawaii, SDSU and SJSU have been solid...

But we saw the same thing at the end of last year.

If he got to 5 wins this year with one maybe two bad/double digit losses, I could see an argument that he had closed the gap.

But not 4 wins with 5 blowout losses. It's treading water. It 's not improvement.

The biggest risk is this....

Say you retain him...

If he starts slow out of the gate next year then what? A seventh year?..

I'm tired of the five year carousel as much as anybody...

But fund raising aside, the results on the field are only marginally better than the last two guys. At best he finishes with 4 more wins than Sanford. So he's been good for less than 1 win per year more on avg over the same tenure.

I don't think he should get a pass because of the fund raising or because he embraced Vegas or is a class act or that he is an energetic and charamatic guy. All those are true, but they haven't resulted in better results.

That's my 2 cents...

That's a pretty BIG IF right there. I need to see that cannon red on Saturday evening before I’d listen to any 6th year arguments. IMHO the 3 cannon wins would be the only on-field accomplishment argument for retention.

Agreed..

Even then it's still 4-8.

3,4,5,4,4 (provided they beat Reno)

Year three is the only year the Rebels sniffed bowl eligibility...

I hear ya...I respect your opinion...

But.

I can't get excited about another 4 win result...

He's not the answer. If you have to bring in better coordinators to prop up your HC, you need a new HC...

Back to back 5 win seasons wasn't good enough for Sanford, back to back 4 win seasons shouldn't be enough for Sanchez...

I buy tickets to watch my team play football and hopefully win.. I want my coach to excell at Xs and Os not fundraising.

4 wins???..bro we only gonna have 3 wins this season. You crazy

He was 46 - 30 with two 10 win seasons.

Last two years weren't great.

He put a number of guys in the NFL...

Yeah, I'd take it....Not my first or second or third choice, but I'd take it...

Just to many bad losses under Sanchez..To many head scratching games..

Last few performances vs Hawaii, SDSU and SJSU have been solid...

But we saw the same thing at the end of last year.

If he got to 5 wins this year with one maybe two bad/double digit losses, I could see an argument that he had closed the gap.

But not 4 wins with 5 blowout losses. It's treading water. It 's not improvement.

The biggest risk is this....

Say you retain him...

If he starts slow out of the gate next year then what? A seventh year?..

I'm tired of the five year carousel as much as anybody...

But fund raising aside, the results on the field are only marginally better than the last two guys. At best he finishes with 4 more wins than Sanford. So he's been good for less than 1 win per year more on avg over the same tenure.

I don't think he should get a pass because of the fund raising or because he embraced Vegas or is a class act or that he is an energetic and charamatic guy. All those are true, but they haven't resulted in better results.

That's my 2 cents...

Just "TOO" many bad losses. "TOO" many head scratching games.... You are entirely correct....even though you can't figure out how to correctly spell simple words like "too" ...you are correct in your assessment.

Last edited:
Just "TOO" many losses. You are entirely correct....even though you can't figure out how to correctly spell simple words like "too" ...you are correct in your assessment

There is a garden where I grow my Givashit plants. It is currently barren.

Aren't you supposed to capitalize after periods?

Reactions: RebelinWA
I was joking about bringing him back. Like Joe, I can’t say it with a straight face. I agree with others who say he’s everything we could want in PR and character as he sees the exit door clearly in his face.

Similar to Joe’s favorite coach ever Marvin, say he comes back. How excited and optimistic are you next year? Even more important, since we are a cash-strapped school, is ticket sales. Do we see a spike in those since Sanchez beat San Jose or would they level off, and even decrease?

The guy who went 0-11 his last season and also had a 1 win season, a 2 win season and a 3 win season in his 5 seasons.

No mention of JRob though??
My thought is he meant to say JRob, not Horton.

Horton gave us one really fun season though. The drama with UNR/UNLV, getting us to the bowl game vs CMU .... sure did seem like it was going to be a fun run under Horton .... by the end, we couldn’t beat the worst of the worst because that was us.

There aren't that many endeavors that your pay and job retention can be graded on an absolute. Very high end sales is one. Either you sell or you don't and you get compensated accordingly. Coaching is another. Either you win or not. The really big winners get to stay and make loads of $$. The losers go away. Sanchez is a loser. He needs to go.

Coach Sanchez doesn't have enough experience yet to be a head coach, and while he was learning on the job, he is still years away from being the type of coach we need to turn UNLV into a winning program. 5-10 years from now he may be a great head coach, but UNLV football can't afford to wait 5-10 years longer to see what happens.

Reactions: willlevi
Coach Sanchez doesn't have enough experience yet to be a head coach, and while he was learning on the job, he is still years away from being the type of coach we need to turn UNLV into a winning program. 5-10 years from now he may be a great head coach, but UNLV football can't afford to wait 5-10 years longer to see what happens.
Four more years!

Reactions: j. spilotro
Hire new coach...4 or 5 years later fire new coach. Rinse and repeat.

What’s the definition of insanity again?

Hire new coach...4 or 5 years later fire new coach. Rinse and repeat.

What’s the definition of insanity again?

I get it...

But doesn't it work the other way as well?

A guy wins 3,4,5,4,4 and you leave him in charge, should you expect different results?

Wouldn't that be doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT