ADVERTISEMENT

OH BOY!!!

I think heyreb is dead.

Probably the name Rebels too.

I started as a fan with the Gilliam/Patio/Wade team so it kinda sux. But, honestly, we are not in a position to be stubborn - if keeping the name is going to be an impediment to recruiting, then i guess it needs changed. maybe wait a bit to make sure this isnt a passing fad since TJ's already stockedup on recruits right now, but i think nameshange is inevitable.

30-306596_transparent-star-wars-rebel-alliance-symbol-stickers-mangekyou.png

220px-The_Child_aka_Baby_Yoda_%28Star_Wars%29.jpg

New logo and mascot. Can we please just keep the name "Rebels"?

We'll probably end up with a generic animal like a bulldog or big cat. I hope it's a shark. Makes as much sense as having a bear for a rebel mascot. Maybe more so since Tark was a rebel of sorts.

Will i get beat up, assaulted and harassed wearing a UNLV shirt with Hey Reb on it?

Reactions: 1Tripoda
**** this STU{ID BS !! I heard they actually tore down a rebel statue on campus. Nobody disagrees the George Floyd murder was horrific. NOBODY thinks otherwise... every one agrees that was absolutely tragic !! so why the divide?? ?? ??? People are not perfect. 1% (or maybe a little more) of the time whether its a doctor, a nurse, a lab tech, a police officer, a bartender, or a mail carrier... to be human is to error... A small percentage of people are going to **** up at what they do..horribly .....its human nature. This whole defund the police department thing is the stupidest thing I have EVER heard of in my life !!!!!! If we got rid of the 99% of people who do good, because the 1% makes them look bad ....we would never have ANYTHING in this world !!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I understand because of stupidity, these people think Hey Reb associate with confederate. Hey Reb is a mountain man, you dumbasses. I am not going to argue, show too much respect for Meana. F@

Will i get beat up, assaulted and harassed wearing a UNLV shirt with Hey Reb on it?
I know many of us have the pre cartoon (2000’s) Hey Reb gear. I didn’t buy any crap since that time, he was awful too.

I’ll still wear what I want.

Maybe UNLV should bring back that logo that was a disaster. The bright side is you can say it’s whatever you want. A mashed up meatloaf, a different galaxy, a closeup of a flower stamen, conjoined twins ... in that monstrosity, you can make them all out.

I can’t remember who it was that defended it as a great logo. Dear God. Yeah, UNLV can do no wrong. Let’s just swallow everything they dish because it’s our favorite team. Give me a break.

Holy shit..this is crazy.... can we please bring back sports so we have something else to talk about? I would love nothing more than to just watch a baseball game today. !!

wow. Rider is clueless about the history of the current mascot that is being removed, or he would have known this was a replacement mascot (mountain man) for the original mascots from about 50 years ago, but I guess the true isn't important in the current cancel culture of the millennials!

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT