ADVERTISEMENT

Offers made list

Coach seems to be one of those "cast a wide net" recruiters. I'm just glad to see someone working it and not making it a state secret. It helps build/keep interest. Previously, you never knew if they were hiding it or just not really working it.

Coach seems to be one of those "cast a wide net" recruiters. I'm just glad to see someone working it and not making it a state secret. It helps build/keep interest. Previously, you never knew if they were hiding it or just not really working it.
Or...we got used to lazy secretive recruiting and this is actually what real recruiting looks like in real conferences. Past staffs seemed to just take the job for private jet rides, golfing, clubs and a short staycation lmao.

I liked how arroyo hit the ground running in terms of recruiting when he was hired. Unfortunately, for as far as I can tell, he basically stopped recruiting 6 months ago

I just randomly picked a name from 1986 list and went digging for information. It will be interesting to see the level of players the coaches invited to campus. We can just pick a name and google search it. Do one research and post it here.

I am going to pick one, Slone Motuapuaka. It is 4:36 pm on Wednesday in Vegas. I going to use 247sports and google

Previous committed to Utah in 21. Decommitted and committed to USU in 21-22 season now back on the recruiting trail...

6'5" 280 OT etc...

IT is now 4:45

If we start flipping Texas or any other SEC school recruits it will make us the next TCU. Go undefeated or win the conference and earn the #12 spot in the playoffs. Remember 1 school from the G5 gets a invite.

If we start flipping Texas or any other SEC school recruits it will make us the next TCU. Go undefeated or win the conference and earn the #12 spot in the playoffs. Remember 1 school from the G5 gets a invite.
Are we shooting for a playoff spot now without actually having a winning season? I am really cool with that. Let's do this !

Are we shooting for a playoff spot now without actually having a winning season? I am really cool with that. Let's do this !
Coach Odom said the goal is to win now. Remember this coaching staff is very experienced with 3 coaches from the SEC and ACC. Expectations have been raised.

Number 12? Shoot, why not #1 in the country!

I would say that changed a bit with Twitter and Sanchez. He was pretty open and active with recruiting.

Hauck on the other hand not so much. Bobby wouldn't divulge what he ate for breakfast much less any recruiting info.

Coach Odom said the goal is to win now. Remember this coaching staff is very experienced with 3 coaches from the SEC and ACC. Expectations have been raised.
Correct. The expectation from anyone but the fans is to win 10 or more games and the conference next year.. we're done with the hope for 6 guys. That's why we canned Arroyo

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I would say that changed a bit with Twitter and Sanchez. He was pretty open and active with recruiting.

Hauck on the other hand not so much. Bobby wouldn't divulge what he ate for breakfast much less any recruiting info.
Yeah, the Sanchgoat wasn't too bad about it. Bobby, though, was afraid somebody would find out which Montana river he was fishing on. Come the Monday before signing day he'd call in and say, okay, who's left? Bring 'em in as projects.

Yeah, the Sanchgoat wasn't too bad about it. Bobby, though, was afraid somebody would find out which Montana river he was fishing on. Come the Monday before signing day he'd call in and say, okay, who's left? Bring 'em in as projects.

Pretty much...

To his credit a fair amount of his projects developed into serviceable guys particularly on the O-Line..

It is interesting to read some of the post of the players receiving offers who post comments in such a way that they think they already have the scholarship. Based on how many offers have been made, it is likely that only 10-20% or less of those offered will ever get an actual scholarship! No doubt that I have only listed a small portion of those receiving offers, and of those listed, those are only offers over the last 1-2 weeks at most!

I have noticed that while the staff has visited all the local schools, they have so far only made a handful of offers to locals! I hope that changes. 6 offers to players out of the Las Vegas area, while they made offers to around 14 players out of Mater Die in California. Bishop Gorman is only 1 spot behind them in the rankings at #4 with a 3 point loss to them.

Last edited:
currently have a list of 93 players all within the last 2-3 weeks. If I get a chance I will add their positions, but based on the shear number of recruits, it will be a little bit too much to put to much information.

Currently I am listing about 120 players, but based on all the offers shown for 2024, 2025, etc on 247, I expected the real number is above 200 offers and climbing. Funny how many of the offers are to players back east and in the deep south!

@Rebel1986 really appreciate you putting out this list I know it can be pretty time consuming.

At first glance I 1000% was positive you had a typo on Jireh Puka, 6’4 320 8th grader!!! There’s no way, I searched the kid and sure enough it wasn’t a typo.

Watched a few clips of him and he can move at that size, you wanna talk about clearing a whole for some speed backs to run through. You put him at guard and your 6 a pop easy.

The fact that the younger kids they’re offering (classes 25-27) seem like they will all be high 3 stars at minimum with most being 4 stars and even some potential 5 stars tells me this staff plans to be really competitive in a couple years and shooting for power 5 invite.

Really excited about the potential, not expecting anything crazy but I can admit I’m very hopeful.

Relevance... Next 2 years classes.
Anything further out can mostly be just due diligence by the staff to build relationships and more likely not really an indication that the recruits are interested in UNLV or the staff staying long at UNLV.

Relevance... Next 2 years classes.
Anything further out can mostly be just due diligence by the staff to build relationships and more likely not really an indication that the recruits are interested in UNLV or the staff staying long at UNLV.
When I get a chance I will switch out with new threads that include each of the years 2023-2025, and put anything past that in a thread of its own!

Reactions: Sharktank91
Currently I am listing about 120 players, but based on all the offers shown for 2024, 2025, etc on 247, I expected the real number is above 200 offers and climbing. Funny how many of the offers are to players back east and in the deep south!
These new coaches have deep ties to the East (ACC) and South (SEC). I'm hoping we land some really good players in 24 and 25.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT